Saturday, February 27, 2016

Micah 7:14-15, 18-20, Psalm 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12, Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Micah 7:14-15, 18-20, Psalm 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12, 
Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

Micah 7:14-15, 18-20

My Beloved, You are our Good Shepherd and You guide us with the staff of Your Word. We are the flock who are called by Your Name. We belong to You. You keep us safe from the enemy. You guard us and feed us with Your Flesh. You cover us with Your precious Blood and we are protected from the wiles of the destroyer. You freed us from our guilt. You pardon all our offenses; You shelter us under Your wings for we are Your people. We are members of Your Body. You have washed away our iniquities and cleansed us from all ours. You have set us free as children of God and we are free indeed. Grace, joy, love and peace is our inheritance.

Psalm 103:1-4, 9-12

Grant my Beloved, Savior of the world and Savior of my life that I may bless and praise You every moment of every day for as long as I live. You have been exceedingly gracious to me and I am aware that I have not deserved such loving, kind and tender consideration. For I have sinned often and greatly but You have forgiven me. You have washed me and bathed me in the flood-tide that gushed forth from the wound in Your side. Not only am I forgiven and restored to the family of God. Thank You for not remembering my many sins but washing them in the ocean of Your mercy and forgetting them altogether.

Thank You for Your kindness in not judging me according to my guilt but in the measure of Your love. I love You.

Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

My Beloved, how often I have squandered the treasures of my soul in sinful ways. Yet, You never abandoned Me. I could have died while wallowing in my sins but You did not call me to account, You did not abandon me and You did not let me die in my sins. You have always made provision for me giving me so much more than I have ever deserved. You made sure that at no stage in my life I lacked anything. There was always someone to reflect God’s love for me. Even in the days when I had turned my back on You to did not take Your gaze from me. You let me go but You kept me in sight waiting for me to come back to my senses like the prodigal son and to let my own hunger and thirst for You bring me back home into Your heart. Thank You for not treating me as I deserved but for embracing me and restoring to me my dignity as a member of the household of God. I love You. Thank You for loving me when I was at my worst and thank You for encouraging me to try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment