Friday, February 26, 2016

Genesis 37:3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a, Psalm 105:16-21, Matthew 21:33-43, 45-46

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Genesis 37:3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a, Psalm 105:16-21,
Matthew 21:33-43, 45-46

Genesis 37:3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a
 


My Beloved, Joseph had to be aware that he was his father’s favorite son. He was the youngest of the brothers. When he started having these unusual dreams of his brothers bowing before him perhaps he did not imagine that their jealousy of their father’s love for him would rouse them to anger when he narrated his dreams to them. In fact they were so furious they were plotting to kill him.

So it was with You. The Father sent You into the world, His well-beloved Son to the people He had formed from the seed of Abraham to reveal His love but they were jealous of You and plotted to kill You. Joseph was sold for 20 silver coins, You were sold for 30. God was with Joseph and He raised him to become the second most powerful man in Egypt and to be the means by which God would feed His people during the severe famine. In the same way my Lord, You were raised on the Cross and through the Cross You would free us from our sins taking them upon Yourself and in exchange giving us Your life.

Psalm 105:16-21
 


The psalmist reminds us to recall the marvels that You have done. Truly my Beloved, when I am despondent all I need to do is count my blessings and my soul will revive for I know how You have cared for me. You have redeemed me, called me by name, You paid the ransom for my freedom with Your life. You give me new life through the indwelling of Your Holy Spirit. You offer Your Body and Blood as food and drink so I can live a life pleasing to God whom You have taught us to call Father. Thank You Beloved, thank You.

Matthew 21:33-43, 45-46
 


My Beloved, the Father knew perfectly well what would happen when He sent You into the world. He sent You to die because the world is wicked and the world prefers to wallow in sin foolishly believing that pandering to the cravings of the flesh is what life is all about. Anyone who shows them otherwise is rejected, persecuted, ridiculed and ostracized. It is easier to give in than to resist. The Old Testament prophesy has been fulfilled:

The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
by the Lord has this been done,
and it is wonderful in our eyes?


Thank You Beloved for the Church and for the privilege of being born and baptized into Your Body. Thank You for the rich treasures of grace and mercy available to me through Your Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment