Thursday, February 25, 2016

Jeremiah 17:5-10, Psalm 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6, Luke 16:19-31

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
Jeremiah 17:5-10, Psalm 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6, Luke 16:19-31
Jeremiah 17:5-10 My Beloved, You tell it like it is through the mouth of the prophet. How foolish we are when we trust put our trust in people who are just as flawed as we are, instead of having unshakeable confidence in You alone and trusting only You. There are times when we also look to our own selves and trust our strength instead of just throwing ourselves in utter abandon on You. If we choose to live without You our lives become a barren waste and even though Your love for us never wavers we are unable to receive it.

Thank You Beloved that with true contrition and repentance there is always a new beginning. It is the Holy Spirit who gives new life and helps us put out new roots in You giving us access to Your grace and love. No harm can come to those who are grafted to You. Those who are fed on the sap of the Holy Spirit through the Sacraments are alive and fruitful, the bear fruit no matter what difficulty they may have to face. Their faith in You gives them confidence for they know that possessing You they possess all.

Psalm 1:1-4 and 6 My hope is in You Lord. I trust in You and Your Word is my delight. It strengthens me, increases my faith and gives me a greater awareness of Your love. Rooted in You I have access to life giving water that never dries up, I am fed with the Bread of Angels receive grace upon grace to meet any challenge I may encounter. Your Word O Lord assures me that even in the face of challenges You are always in total control. As long as I fix my gaze on You with unwavering faith I am safe for You watch over those who belong to You and I know I do.
Luke 16:19-31
My Beloved, may I never be so hard of heart that I am deaf to the Voice of Love. Keep me sensitive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. May the power of Your Word give me wisdom and fill me with wisdom to always choose good over evil. Give me a heart that is sensitive to the cries of those around me do not let me become callous and indifferent. Lord God You have said that You came to serve not to be serve. Grant me the grace that takes me out of my selfishness so that I may see those who are suffering and in need and may I be moved to be of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment