Sunday, February 28, 2016

Exodus 3:1-8a, 13-15, Psalm 103: 1-2, 3-4, 6-8, 11, 1 Corinthians 10:1-6, 10-12, Luke 13:1-9

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Exodus 3:1-8a, 13-15, Psalm 103: 1-2, 3-4, 6-8, 11,
1Corinthians 10:1-6, 10-12, Luke 13:1-9

Exodus 3:1-8a, 13-15

My Beloved, when God called Moses from the burning bush and he responded, “Here I am,” as he approached it, God said, “Do not come near, take off your sandals because the place where you are standing is holy ground.” When You call my Beloved, You do not stop me from approaching You and touching You because as God made Man You make possible for me to encounter God intimately and personally. I do not need to hide my face because in perfect humility Your divinity is hidden in Bread and Wine so I can approach You without fear. If we beheld Your glory we too would be too awe-stricken to come close to You and You desire intimacy with us.

I too am given a mission. You have sent me to make known to those I encounter my personal experience of You. Just as God assured Moses that He would be with Him so too You assure me that You are with me. You abide in me and made my body Your temple. Thank You for being so closely united with me always. 
21
You will be my spouse forever,
betrothed in justice and integrity;
we will be united in love and tenderness.
I will espouse you in faithfulness;
and you will come to know Yahweh
                                           Hosea 2:21-22

Psalm 103: 1-2, 3-4, 6-8, 11

My Beloved, how much do You love me? Verse 11 tells me that as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is Your love for me
.

No comments:

Post a Comment