Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 513-4, 12-13, 18-19, Luke 11:29-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS



Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 513-4, 12-13, 18-19, Luke 11:29-32



Jonah 3:1-10



My Beloved, the people of Nineveh did not belong to God’s chosen people yet their hearts were more attuned to Him. They were so sinful and wicked that the consequences was total destruction and annihilation but  You are compassionate, slow to anger and rich in mercy so You sent the prophet Jonah to warn them. They heard the prophet, they believed and they resolved to repent and sin no more.


Word of God’s coming wrath spread to the entire city even before Jonah could reach every part of it and the king of Nineveh ordered that everyone even the cattle wear sackcloth and cover their heads in ashes and fast from food and drink.  


My Beloved if only heads of nations were as God fearing as the king of Nineveh our world would not be lost in hedonism and materialism. Listen to those who do pray and fast for the world Lord and have  pity and relent. Do not treat us according to our guilt, do not punish us according to our sins but have compassion and give us wisdom so we can turn away from evil and turn to You for help.




Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19


Thank You my beloved Jesus for forgiveness of sins and restoration to health which You extend to those who are truly sorry and contrite of heart. My Lord and my God, thank You for paying the price for my iniquities thank You for cleansing me from all my sins with Your most precious Blood. Thank You for the death You died for me and for having borne my sins and nailing them to the Cross. Grant me humility so I may always be grateful for the price paid for my salvation. Give me a sensitive conscience so even if I should fall I will with Your help rise up quickly and call on Your Name to save me. A humble contrite heart my Beloved You will not spurn.



Luke 11:29-32



My Beloved despite all the signs and wonders of Your miracles the people refused to believe but preferred to remain hard of heart. The Jewish authorities were determined to deny that You had indeed come from God and that You were as You said the Son of God. If they accepted You then their whole belief system would crumble and their power would be undermined. They preferred to keep the status quo rather than put their faith in You and Your Word.  You performed miracles so awesome that they had to know that only one from God could do what You did and yet they closed their hearts and minds to You.



Before I rush to judge and condemn them may I first examine my own life and see how often I preferred to remain in sin rather than desire what was good and true. I am sorry Lord. Remain with me all my days and keep me safe from the wiles of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment