Thursday, February 18, 2016

Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25, Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8, Matthew 7:7-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25, Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8, 
Matthew 7:7-12

Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25

My Beloved, we are never alone no matter how difficult our circumstances may be  and how crushed with sorrow and fear we may be. You are Emmanuel God with us all we need to do is to call Your Name and You are beside us. To pray is to speak to You and listen to Your words of comfort and wisdom. You are the same yesterday, today and eternally in You there is no yes and no – You are the Eternal Yes of the Father. 

I thank You for the gift of faith. Thank You for the Church You established – all Your children find refuge in her here You gather us to Your breast as a mother hen gathers her chicks. You  keep us safe from the enemy and You provide us all we need to lead holy lives. Fill my mouth with Your words of wisdom and fill my heart with grace so I may draw many to Your Kingdom O LORD, my God.
Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8

My Beloved You have been with me always. Every time I called You came to me and helped me. You saved me even when I was running away from You and Your love You did not abandon me. You are my strength, my help, my refuge against the storm. My joy comes from knowing You, loving You, worshiping You as my God and acknowledging that all that is good, true, beautiful and noble I have received from You who gives without measure.  I know my Beloved, because You have assured me that You who have claimed me for Yourself even though I am an unworthy sinner, and You will assure that where You are I too will be when this life ends in death to begin anew inn You eternally. I could not ask for or desire more. This is enough for it is all.

Matthew 7:7-12

My Beloved today You say: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asked for a loaf of bread, or a snake when he asked for a fish? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him.”
This has always been my experience of You Beloved. You have always given me all that I needed to know You, love You and to be happy with You and with those around me. You have given more than I have asked for. Even when I did not know what I needed nor did I have the words to express my needs You opened Your hand and Your heart and poured on me bountifully all that my heart desired.  Every good and perfect gift comes from You. One thing You caution me to do, “Do to others whatever you would have them do to you.” In this way I will always be merciful, forgiving, loving and compassionate. Help me Lord to remain one with You always.

No comments:

Post a Comment