Sunday, February 14, 2016

Deuteronomy 26:4-10, Romans 10:8-13, Psalm 91:1-2, 10-15, Luke 4:1-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Deuteronomy 26:4-10, Romans 10:8-13, Psalm 91:1-2, 10-15, 
Luke 4:1-13

Deuteronomy 26:4-10

My Beloved, during the Offertory at the celebration of each Holy Mass I will offer You my heart filled with thanksgiving and gratitude for Your everlasting mercy towards me. You drew me from darkness into Your own marvelous light. You grafted me to Your Body, You invite me to come and drink the living water that flows out from You, You give me Yourself in the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist as nourishment for my soul. You have saved my soul and my life in return my Beloved I give You myself – an imperfect exchange Lord but that’s all I have to give in return for the fullness of Your Life and Love for me.

Romans 10:8-13

The word is near you,
in your mouth and in your heart.

How blessed I am my Beloved that the Eternal Word of God abides in my heart and is in my mouth as well when I receive You in the Holy Eucharist. There is no intimacy greater than this my Lord that You who are God from eternity choose to remain near me.  I am saved because I believe in You and in the One who sent You.  You have given me Your Name the Name given to You by Your Father.  I am justified and saved through the power of Your Name and not just me my Lord but all who believe in You are saved.

Psalm 91:1-2, 10-15

My Beloved Lord, I claim every one of these promises. I know them to be true for I have experience Your never failing care and love from the moment I was conceived in my mother’s womb. You have lifted me up and carefully placed me in Your Sacred Heart. You are my refuge and fortress no harm shall come to me no evil shall dare to approach me. No affliction shall strike me and mine for You have commanded angels to guard us and to hold us up lest we stumble. I cling to You my Beloved and the greater the trouble that surrounds me the more shall I cling to You and You will deliver me from my fears. As long as I have life You will remain with me. You will answer me each time I call. When I am in distress You will comfort me and when my life here is over You will take me home to Your Kingdom there to glorify You eternally.  What a glorious destiny is mine. Thank You!

Luke 4:1-13
 
My Beloved being filled with the Holy Spirit is not enough we must yield to Him always and allow Him to guide us, inspire us, and lead us wherever He wills. The Devil is a liar and the father of lies. He lied to You in every instance quoting Scripture out of context which is always a pretext. But You rebutted him with Scripture as well in this way You teach us too that Scripture can be misused by those with evil intent and unless we are familiar with the Word of God we will be led astray with half-truths.

The Devil tempted you with the desire of the flesh, the desire for wealth and the desire for power – the temptations that we face all our lives and which we must battle against constantly. We can  overcome these temptations by revealed truth. To the temptation to fill the stomach You remind us that we do not live on bread alone. To the temptation of having power and being held in esteem by the world  if we exchange the worship of God for the worship of mammon You say that worship belongs to God alone and Him it is that we must serve. And finally against the sin of presumption You remind us that we ought never to put the Lord our God to the test. Trusting God and having faith in Him is different from acting like a fool and challenging God or taking His love for granted.

The text ends saying that after the devil had failed in tempting You he left for a while. It is a reminder to us that even though we may with Your help and grace overcome temptation we must always be vigilant for the devils knows our weaknesses and will strike us when we least expect it. Thank You my Beloved for making provision for us to face the onslaught of the devil through grace made freely available to us in the Sacraments. Thank You for our Guardian Angel who makes intercession for us night and day. Thank You for the Saints in heaven and the Holy Souls in Purgatory who also pray for us that we may not fall into sin and above all thank You for the abiding Presence of Your Holy Spirit in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment