Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Zephaniah 1-2, 9-13, Psalm 34:2-3, 6-7, 17-19 & 19 Matthew 21:28-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Zephaniah 1-2, 9-13, Psalm 34:2-3, 6-7, 17-19 & 19
Matthew 21:28-32



Zephaniah 1-2, 9-13

My Beloved, as long as it is today and we are alive, You invite us in love to fellowship with You and to know, love and obey You must always be our response to Your invitation. Yet, like the people chosen by God we are indifferent; we are too busy with out own plans in which there is no place or time reserved for You and for Truth.

Those who were invited chose not to respond so You visited those who once worshipped false gods and they turned eagerly and joyfully to the Living God. Your Word has gone to the ends of the earth and today people from every nation offer You joyful praise.

You have removed our sins, You have forgotten our offences and You have cleansed us and given us Your Holy Spirit.  You have shown us that God dislikes the proud and the haughty but the poor, meek and humble of heart ascend the holy mountain where You dwell and there You give them food and rest, peace and joy as they make their home in You.

Psalm 34:2-3, 6-7, 17-19 & 19

My Beloved, to live in love is to live in joy.  Praise lifts up the soul it is the stairways to heaven.  May my mouth always be filled with it and my lips utter it.  I have nothing of my own to boast of.  All I have You have given me.  I have received new life, a new heart and a new spirit.I have God as my Father  and You for my Brother and my Friend.  The Holy Spirit is my Advocate.  I desire no other for You supply all need always.

You take away our shame no matter how grave our past sins when we asked for forgiveness You removed the burden of our guilt and set us free.  We have no God but You O God and when we call to You in distress, You make haste to helps us. We ought never to  envy the the wicked every when though they appear to prosperous for You have turned Your Face away from them and Your judgement will be fierce for they did not receive You at the time of Your visitation. But those who trust You can count on Your help always.  Before our cry has left our lips, You will hear and answer.   

Thank You for being my comfort in the times of my brokenness and grief.  Thank You for lifting me up and consoling me  Thank You for redeeming me. Thank You for my eternal destiny in You.

Matthew 21:28-32

My Beloved, the way of goodness is the way to life.  We are constantly called to conversion and repentance and every time we listen and obey we receive grace to persevere and overcome our weaknesses and grow in perfection.  It is a lifelong process but those who are committed to follow Your will receive Your help.

Our whole life is a struggle.  We battle against temptation and if we did not have Your Holy Spirit and the grace received through the Sacraments, we would be lost.  All who put their trust in You and are faithful in carrying out the mission entrusted to each of us to go out into the world and  labor to bring in the harvest will receive a reward.  The sinner finds redemption more readily than the proud who believe they have no need for a Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment