Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ephesians 2:12-22, Psalm 85:9-14, Luke 12:35-38

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Ephesians 2:12-22, Psalm 85:9-14, Luke 12:35-38

A NEW CREATION IN CHRIST
Ephesians 2:12-22


Who am I in Christ Jesus?

I am the peace of Christ.  There is no hatred living in me.  The Spirit living in me unites me to Christ and through Him to the Father.  I am no longer a stranger or an exile.Heaven is my home.  The Saints are my sisters and brothers, my family in Christ.  I acknowledge all that God has done through the prophets and Apostles to make known the work of redemption that obtained salvation for the sins of the whole world.  In Christ, it pleases the Father to make me a living temple with my Lord as it's Cornerstone. God dwelling in me is Emmanuel.

Psalm 85:9-14



A people of faith reaching up to God has the power to move Him to stoop low in love and justice over us.  Through Christ we receive all that makes it possible for us to be pleasing to God and will enable us to walk in the way of Love, Justice, Truth, Mercy and Peace.

Luke 12:35-38



How can I be dressed for service when You return from the wedding my Beloved?  


The Church teaches me how to prepare for Your coming.

The corporal works of mercy are:
  • To feed the hungry;
  • To give drink to the thirsty;
  • To clothe the naked;
  • To shelter the homeless;
  • To visit the sick;
  • To ransom the captive;
  • To bury the dead.
The spiritual works of mercy are:
  • To instruct the ignorant;
  • To counsel the doubtful;
  • To admonish sinners;
  • To bear wrongs patiently;
  • To forgive offences willingly;
  • To comfort the afflicted;
  • To pray for the living and the dead.
When You return to find me will it gladden Your heart and will You put on an apron, seat me at table and wait on me? 


When You come my Beloved no matter what the hour may be may You find me awake and ready and may You rejoice in me as You carry me home.





No comments:

Post a Comment