Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ezekiel 2:8, 3:4, Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131, Matthew 19:1-5, 10, 12-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Ezekiel 2:8, 3:4, Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131, Matthew 19:1-5, 10, 12-14

Eternal Word of God, Beloved of my soul, Light of my life and my joy
Ezekiel 2:8, 3:4

My Beloved, when God called Ezekiel to be His prophet He commanded him not to rebel against him like the rest of His people but to take only that which God desired to give him, to receive His Word and to speak only His words to the people  of God, the house of Israel, His chosen among all the nations.

So too it must be with us.  You invite us to go out into the world and become leaven and salt in the-world.  To take the Good News to the ends of the earth, but You caution us to use only those words that You have entrusted to us without adding our own words or coming up with our own interpretation or twisting their meaning to suit our our interests and  personal agendas.

You have given us Your Church wherein resides the deposit of our faith according to Holy Scripture and Sacred Tradition and we have the guarantee of Your Holy Spirit to guide Your Church and guard her from teaching error. Your Holy Spirit will always prevent her from sowing the darnel of confusion and division which in every instance, is the work of the devil and his minions.

Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131

O Eternal Word of God, Beloved of my soul, Light of my life and my joy, Your Word is my delight and Your commandment of love more precious than anything the world has to offer.  Your Word is my Teacher and my Counselor.

Every promise You have made is sweeter than honey in my mouth.  Not only is Your law of love my inheritance they bring joy to my heart.

Verse 131 " I gasp in ardent yearning for your commandments that I love."

Matthew 19:1-5, 10, 12-14

My Beloved, today more than ever it is the children who are despoiled of their inheritance of faith and innocence.  There is no greater scandal than this, that we let our little ones die of hunger and thirst from lack of spiritual nourishment.  Children as young as 2 and 3 are more adept in using electronic devises than they are with the very basic rudiments of faith because their parents have failed utterly in praying for them and teaching them to speak Your most Holy Name as they begin to lisp their first words.

You remind us that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to these little ones and we ruthlessly and nonchalantly deny them entrance.  We are so involved and so heavily vested in the material world and are so woefully and colossally ignorant of the spiritual one that we ourselves are spiritually dead.  How can we give what we do not possess?  And so our children succumb to the spiritual malaise that has swamped the world.

You tell us that we must become like little children if we are to enter the Kingdom of Heaven but we have long forgotten what it means to be as little and as humble as a child.  Let us be warned as we read verse 10, "See that you do not despise any of these little ones, for I tell you: their angels in heaven continually see the face of my heavenly Father."  

Yet, You do not wish us to lose heart.  Our faith is always about rising up no matter how far we have fallen.  No matter how dangerously lost we may be, You our Good Shepherd will find us and bring us home.  Verse 14 assures us that our Father in heaven desires that nor one of His children be lost for we are precious in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment