Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ezekiel 12:1-12, Psalm 78:56-59, 61-62, Matthew 18:21 -- 19:1

FEAST OF ST. MAXIMILIAN KOLBE

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Ezekiel 12:1-12, Psalm 78:56-59, 61-62, Matthew 18:21 -- 19:1


 Ezekiel 12:1-12

My Beloved, the Father has made every provision for us through You in the New Covenant of love.  We lack nothing and all that is required of us is to freely choose to follow You on the way that leads to life.  You have given us eyes to see the signs You have left for us in the Sacraments of Your abiding Presence among us.  We have ears to hear the Good News of the Kingdom. We are members of the household of God exiled for a while in this valley of tears.  Help us my Beloved not to lose our inheritance through sin.

Psalm 78:56-59, 61-62
 
My Beloved, Lucifer rebelled against God and hell came into existence.  Every rebellion creates hell on earth.  Separation from You is hell.  Thank You for coming to the world and redeeming us.  Guard us against our own weaknesses, protect us with Your precious Blood, nourish us with Your Body, strengthen us so we may not succumb to the wiles of the enemy and finally come to take us home to heaven there will will with You in love eternally.

Matthew 18:21 -- 19:1

My Beloved, not one of us can repay the debt of love we ow You and the price that You paid redeems us from eternal death.  if God desired to exact payment from us, none of us would be saved for the wages of sin is death.

As the Father has forgiven me according to His great mercy and compassion and forgives my grave offenses so must I forgive the slight offences of my brothers and sisters.  If I fail to forgive, if I am cruel and malicious when my brother pleads for forgiveness, then I can be certain that God will exact from me the full debt I owe and being unable to make restitution, I will be cast away from You my Beloved into the outer darkness eternally.

This is Your answer to Peter's question, “Lord, how many times must I forgive the offenses of my brother or sister? Seven times?” You answered, “No, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
Help me never to forget and to forgive gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment