Sunday, June 22, 2014

DEUTERONOMY 8:2-3, 14-16, 1 CORINTHIANS 10:16-17, PSALM 147:12-14 19-20, JOHN 6:51-58

FEAST OF CORPUS CHRISTI
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

DEUTERONOMY 8:2-3, 14-16, 1 CORINTHIANS 10:16-17, 
PSALM 147:12-14 19-20, JOHN 6:51-58


DEUTERONOMY 8:2-3, 14-16

My Beloved, God uses all the circumstances in our life to draw us closer to Himself and to the Truth.  In all our difficulties, if we do not experience Your Presence but only utter abandonment, this is the time of our testing.  You desire that we hunger and thirst for You alone.  You want us to know that it is You we desire and without You everything else is meaningless.  Just as You provided Your people in the desert with manna - food from heaven unlike anything their ancestors had ever seen, so too in these days, You give us Your own Body and Blood.  Without this food and drink we will perish.  It is You, O wondrous Eternal Word that is our food and drink.  Pride is anathema to You, keep me from having a prideful spirit rather, keep me small, little and humble only then can You accomplish Your will through me in whatever way You will.
 
1 CORINTHIANS 10:16-17

My Beloved, at every celebration of the Eucharist You take ordinary bread and wine, food  our physical body needs for nourishment and refreshment and at Your Word uttered through the mouth of the priest and in concert with the Holy Spirit, they are transubstatiated into Your Body and Blood while keeping their appearance as bread and wine.  You my Lord are present heart, mind, soul, mind, body and spirit.  God Himself desires that we eat You and drink You in order that we may be made one with You and with each other.  The Body of Christ with You as its Head - Your Church, Your Spouse, Your Bride.

PSALM 147:12-14 19-20

My Beloved, at every celebration of the most Holy Eucharist, we enter into the New Jerusalem, the Holy of Holies, Your Sanctuary which is the Church You have established and where it pleases You to dwell in the fullness of Truth.  You bless those who enter her and belong to her.  You grant them peace such as the world  cannot give.  You feed them with the finest wheat and Your Body and Your Word sustains them.  To those who believe You grant united with Yourself and the Father and the Holy Spirit and we are drawn into intimacy with God and intimacy that only the members of Your One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church enjoys.

JOHN 6:51-58

Verse 51
I am the living bread which has come from heaven; whoever eats of this bread will live forever. The bread I shall give is my flesh and I will give it for the life of the world.”

You are Truth and Truth is You.  If I believe this and I do, then I also believe every word You have spoken in the above verse to be true.  Many Jews did not believe this and many Christians do not believe it now.  They offer the same argument today as well, "How can this man give us flesh to eat?And once again You reiterate but even more forcefully, clearly and graphically, "Truly, I say to you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" This is the condition to receiving new life for You have said, "The one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood live with eternal life and I will raise him up on the last day. My flesh is really food and my blood is drink.  Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood, live in me and I in them. Just as the Father, who is life, sent me and I have life from the Father, so whoever eats me will have life from me. This is the bread which came from heaven; unlike that of your ancestors, who ate and later died. Those who eat this bread will live forever.” Your Flesh is real food and Your Blood is real drink without it we will perish by the wayside with spiritual hunger.

We are incorporated into Your Body each time we receive You in Holy Communion.  The life we receive is the same life that You receive from Your Father and once again You affirm that those who eat this Bread will live forever.

Thank You my Beloved for the Gift of Yourself in the Eucharist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment