Tuesday, June 10, 2014

1 Kings 17:7-16, Psalm 4:2-8, Matthew 5:13-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Kings 17:7-16, Psalm 4:2-8, Matthew 5:13-16


1 Kings 17:7-16

Give me an attentive and obedient spirit.  One that is ever attuned to listening for the sound of Your voice and recognizing it among all the other voices that clamor for attention.  When You say, 'Come!' 'Go!' or 'Stay!' Grant that I may act as You desire.  May I have faith in Your words and may I act on my faith confident and expectant that all I ask for will be granted to me.

The prophet Elijah called for a drought and so it was.  He went where God wanted him to go believing that God would do as He said.  He asked the widow to share her last piece of bread with him and as promised to the woman, the meal did not run out nor the oil but it was replenished each day and it sustained the prophet, the widow and her son through the year of drought and famine.

Not only do You keep Your Word, when we respond in faith, but the bread which is a symbol of the Eucharist, will sustain us until You return to claim those that belong to You and are marked for the Kingdom.

Psalm 4:2-8

My Beloved, thank You for answering me each time I called out to You.  Thank You for Your comfort and the assurance of Your love.  You have been exceedingly good and kind to me, even when I was steeped in sin. You did not abandon me nor did You expose my sin and shame me. You have been kind to me and have granted me the grace to face my sins, acknowledge my guilt, repent make reparation and You restored to me the relationship I had lost with You, the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Thank You for Your comfort in times of sorrow, Your compassion and pity for my weakness, Your kindness in forgiving me when I cried for  mercy and for always answering me each time I call You.

Matthew 5:13-16

My most Beloved Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, as a member of Your Body, the Church, I am called to be salt that flavors life with the beauty and power of living in conformity with Your will.  I am called to diffuse Your Light present within me to illumine a world darkened by sin.

I belong to the Church established by You and built on Your holy mountain.  All can see You and can approach You without fear.  May all that I do each day witness to the Father's love, care and providence for me and may it call forth praise to Him for His marvellous goodness. 

What God has done for me He will do for anyone who desires to walk in the ways of Your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment