Thursday, May 8, 2014

Acts 8:26-40, Psalm 66:8-9, 16-17, 20, John 6:44-51

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Acts 8:26-40, Psalm 66:8-9, 16-17, 20, John 6:44-51


Acts 8:26-40

These verses remind us that we must always allow the Spirit of God to lead us rather than doing things our own way. God's way is better than human reasoning and understanding and will bear far greater fruit as Philip discovered.  He followed the promptings of the Holy Spirit and through the conversion of one man a whole nations received the Good News and the gift of faith.  2000 years and more have since gone by and this nation has followers of  Christ that praise the Living God because one man was open to the Gift of God and to Life.

When we read Scripture we invoke the Holy Spirit to give us understanding.  he illumines our intellect and grants us wisdom to know the mind of God.  Every encounter with an unbeliever must leave them touched, moved and blessed for in meeting us they must meet  the Beloved.  The Holy Spirit must be given the reins of our life so He can lead and guide us according to the will of Him who sent His Son, the Beloved, into the world not to condemn but to save.

Psalm 66:8-9, 16-17, 20

I love You, 
I praise You,
I bless You,
I adore You.

You have kept me safe from the way of darkness and have held my hand lest I stumble into wickedness.  All who love You tremble with fear for they dread sin which will separate them from You.

Each time i called to You aloud and in silence You heard and hastened to my side to help me.  I will bless and praise You in the assembly of Your people.  Thank You for always hearing my prayer and never rejecting me even though I am utterly undeserving of Your passionate love for me.  Thank You for embracing me,holding me and keeping me united with You.


John 6:44-51

My Beloved, the tragedy of the world is that we have received all we need to live happy, serene, joyful lives.  The Father ensured this when He sent You into the world not just for a time but until the end of time.  You come to us as the Living Bread which bring with it life for the world - this heavenly food has the power to save, strengthen and sanctify us as nothing else can for this is the will of the Father.  

The way is narrow, the journey is fraught with danger, the enemy is prowling seeking to destroy and devour but God, our God has made provision for His children if they would but receive it.  Daily sustenance for the soul is available in the Holy Eucharist.  It is here that we are refreshed and renewed as we eat His Body and drink His Blood.

When we receive You my Beloved You grant us all the Light we need to dispel the darkness of the world and we walk in freedom in the Presence of God in the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment