Sunday, May 11, 2014

Acts 2:14a, 36-41, Psalm 23:1-2a, 3b-6, 1 Peter 2:20b-25, John 10:1-10

GOOD SHEPHERD SUNDAY
 
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 2:14a, 36-41, Psalm 23:1-2a, 3b-6, 1 Peter 2:20b-25, John 10:1-10


Acts 2:14a, 36-41

My Beloved,  You reveal all that is required to those who desire to be saved.  We must repent, be baptized in Your Name so all our sins are forgiven and You in turn will pout out Your Spirit on us. The Father will welcome us as His children because of what You have done for  us.  All who accept the Good News and are baptized will be saved.  

Psalm 23:1-2a, 3b-6

My Beloved, I can live the rest of my days with hope and courage just by believing and holding on to the promise of the first verse of this psalm, 

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall want."

You give me a place to lay my head, You take me by the hand and lead me to the banquet where I may feast on Your goodness, mercy and love.  You renew and refresh my soul.  No harm can come to me even if I walk in the valley of the shadow of death for You are with me and You have vanquished evil.  Because You walk beside me, I will live each moment of my life in peace.


1 Peter 2:20b-25

You are the Shepherd and Guardian of our souls, You paid the infinite price to redeem us from the jaws of death and the gates of hell.  By Your wounds we are healed and made whole and You have shown us the way to the Father.  You taught us how to live so we can be pleasing to Him.  Stay with us Lord and walk with us until we come to the end of our journey on earth and enter the Kingdom of Heaven where You reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit in glory forever.

John 10:1-10

My Beloved, so many in the world are living broken lives, they have lost the way and have been led astray by those who claimed falsely to have been sent by You.  They broke away from the Vine and separated themselves from the fullness of Truth. Wolves in sheep's clothing have preached a gospel of division, lies and hatred and they have been swept along by false promises and material gain.  Satan, that father of lies, comes to steal, kill, plunder and destroy and the weak are carried away by the outward show of worship which lacks form or substance.

There is no life apart from You and without the Bread of Life to nourish their souls my Beloved they will sicken and die.  Have mercy on Your people Lord and on those who have been baptized into Your Body.  Preserve us from the snares of the devil. AMEN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment