Sunday, May 4, 2014

Acts 2:14, 22-33, Psalm 16:1-2, 5-11, 1Peter 1:17-21, Luke 24:13-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 2:14, 22-33, Psalm 16:1-2, 5-11, 1Peter 1:17-21, Luke 24:13-35

Come, "you will be my spouse forever,
betrothed in justice and integrity;
we will be united in love and tenderness.
I will espouse you in faithfulness
and you will come to know Yahweh". Hosea 2:21-22
Acts 2:14, 22-33

My Beloved, You have been exalted and God the Father has placed You at His right in honor and glory.  He has given You all power and authority and His Spirit has been bestowed upon You.  This Spirit You have given generously to whom You will and those who thirst for Him, You will not refuse.  

Raised from the dead by the power of the living God, death no longer can claim You. Having overcome sin, sorrow, pain, misery, sickness and the greatest enemy of all death,  You have obtained victory for all who believe in Your Saving act of redemption.  THANK YOU!

Psalm 16:1-2, 5-11

My Beloved Jesus, to all who believe, You give life and a share in Your own inheritance.  To all who believe, You grant the privilege of being called children of God.  You keep us safe, we take refuge in You for we know that in You is perfect joy and peace forever. You hold us within Yourself and make us members of Your Body, Your life and Your Spirit are granted to us.  You bless us, instruct us and guide us so we will not stray from the path of truth.  Grant O Lord that I may never draw away from You through sin.  I rejoice all day and all night for I belong to You.  Thank You for laying claim to me Beloved.

1Peter 1:17-21

My Beloved, may I never forget that we are judged according to our deeds because we are baptized in You.  Yes, Lord, if I have accepted You as my Lord and my God and  I am granted the privilege to call God Father, then I must live as a child of God -  my actions and my life must witness to this truth.  Anything contrary to a life of grace will condemn me because then I will be living a lie. I have been set free from death and darkness into life, light and victory in You.  The sacrifice of Your life has won vindication from my guilt.  If You have set me free, I am free indeed! Help me never to live in contradiction to the truth.

Luke 24:13-35

My Beloved, like the two disciples on the way to Emmaus we too are caught up by the outward appearance of things failing to recognize their deeper implication.  We become engrossed as we look at things superficially and soon our feelings are swayed and carried along by a veritable tidal wave of negative feelings.  We become fearful, troubled, anxious, fretful, disturbed, impatient and every negative emotion comes into play.

At times like this visit me Lord.  Help me with Your Spirit to ponder and search for a divine interpretation.  To look for Your will and Your purpose, to seek and find You in the midst of the outward turmoil and darkness and to lead me to inner peace and life.  Bring me to safe harbor through the frequent reception of Your precious Body and Blood in the Eucharist by attending Holy Mass often.

No comments:

Post a Comment