Sunday, March 16, 2014

Genesis 12:1-41, Psalm 33:4-5, 18-19, 20 & 22, 2Timothy 1:8b-10, Matthew 17:1-9

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Genesis 12:1-41, Psalm 33:4-5, 18-19, 20 & 22, 2Timothy 1:8b-10, Matthew 17:1-9

Genesis 12:1-41

My Beloved, Abraham was 75 years old when he received God's call to leave all that was dear and familiar behind and go to a place that God would give him. He was called to step into the unknown and travel to a place he would never see as it was to be an inheritance for his descendants.  Yet Abraham obeyed and did what God asked him to do.

Unlike Abraham I cling to things, to people, the the past and the present.  I hate letting go.  It is only in perfect obedience to Your call and faithfulness to the mission given to us that Your promises to us will be fulfilled.  Help me Lord! Give me a trusting, childlike heart and a obedient, humble and gentle spirit.

Psalm 33:4-5, 18-19, 20 & 22

My Beloved, we are called to be a people of praise as we recall all the marvellous things You have done for us.  Our hearts must rejoice and give thanks always because You are our God and we are Your people.  You spoke and all that is or ever, was or came to be.  Your Word is true and we can confidently place all our hope and trust in Your word which stands firm, is unchanging and everlasting.  Lay Your love upon us Lord, let it imbue our whole being and our spirit and we in turn with Your help, will look to You with hope, faith and trust all our days.

2Timothy 1:8b-10

My Beloved, I have been given a mission by virtue of my baptism and I am reminded to do my share in laboring for souls in Your vineyard.  You have said the harvest is great but those who labor are few.  If You call us You will strengthen and equip us, all You need is a willing heart and an obedient spirit.  Grant me these O Lord that I may hear and answer Your call gladly and generously.  You save me for eternal death, You strengthen me through the Sacraments, You have called my name and You help me to become holy.  You my Beloved destroyed our most feared enemy death and You have given us hope, life, light and immortality through the Good News of Your Gospel.  Thank You.  I must make this Gospel known to others.  This is my mission.

Matthew 17:1-9

My Beloved, only if we are able to ascend the high mountain can we find You.  Setting aside all that weighs us down, we are called to rise up to You on the wings of love.  You make Yourself visible to those who are prepared to follow You on the narrow way.  We must make time for intimiate union with You, we must allow Your life to touch and transform us.  And after we encounter You, we must allow Your life to touch us and transform us and when we return to the routine of our daily lives we in turn must touch the lives of those we encounter so they too can know You and experience Your love.

Stay with us Lord and help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment