Thursday, March 6, 2014

Deuteronomy 30:15-24, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 9:22-25

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Deuteronomy 30:15-24, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 9:22-25


Deuteronomy 30:15-24

My Beloved, my free will is a gift from God - I am not a slave but a daughter of the Most High.  As co-heir He lays out before me all the possible choices available to me.  Withholding nothing, He permits me to make my own choices but like a good Father He reveals to me the consequences - I can either choose life or death, good or evil but I must be prepared to accept the price I have to pay in choosing my will over the will of my heavenly Father.

The Father does not keep me in the dark but reveals what His will is for me and that is obedience to His commands.  What does He command?  That I love Him with all the fervor of my being and to love my brothers and sisters as myself.  When I listen to His voice, I listen to You, for I belong to Your sheepfold and You assure me that I can count on Your blessings not only over me and my family but on all who will come after me as well.

Psalm 1:1-4, 6

What is the way of the righteous? The way of the righteous is to list to God's Word and to obey it.  You are the Eternal Word of God.  God is Love and God's Word is Love and the Spirit of God is Love.  If I believe that I am a child of God then I must bear God's image of love, it must be imprinted on me and all who see me must see You reflected in me.  

Help me Lord in this season of Lent to overcome my selfish desires and yield to You daily more and more.

Luke 9:22-25

My Beloved, rejection in every form is cruel and painful especially when one is rejected for not good reason and more especially when the rejection comes from one's peers or those who have authority over us.  It makes us feel worthless.  You are Son of God and You too faced rejection from those who ought to have recognized who You were from all You did and said.   All the signs pointed to the fact that You were who You were.  In admitting it they saw themselves at risk of losing their power and authority and so they chose to keep their life in the world rather than lose it for Your sake.

The call is clear, if I wish to follow You in verse 23: Jesus also said to all the people, “If you wish to be a follower of mine, deny yourself and take up your cross each day, and follow me.

Grant me the grace, strength and courage I need to choose to be Your disciple everyday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment