Sunday, February 23, 2014

Leviticus 19:1-2, 17-18, Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, 12-13, 1 Corinthians 3;16-23, Matthew 5:38-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Leviticus 19:1-2, 17-18, Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, 12-13, 1 Corinthians 3;16-23, Matthew 5:38-48


Leviticus 19:1-2, 17-18

"Be holy for I, the Lord Your God am holy."  Holiness is not optional for those whom God has called from darkness into His own marvelous light.  We are called to live with each other in peace and not tolerate evil by being complacent about it.  We are called to love the sinner but rebuke the sin.  We are called to live in harmony and love because we are the people of God.

Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, 12-13

My Beloved, grant me a holy fear so I shall never offend You my God by my sins.  You have loved me with an unfailing love grant that I love You with all my heart and soul.

1 Corinthians 3;16-23

My Beloved, we are called to treat ourselves as well as each other with respect for God dwells in us and makes of us a living temple.  If I desecrate the temple of my body with sin or encourage another to do so, I will be held accountable.

Grant me the grace to recognize sin and not sugar coat it or deceive myself.  Sin is sin and I must carefully avoid it if I am to be pleasing to You.  Keep me humble and obedient.  Keep me close to You.  Watch over me Lord, guard me against my own weaknesses lest I fall.

Matthew 5:38-48

My Beloved, Verse 48 reminds me that I am called to be righteous and perfect like God whom I am privileged to call Father.  You have taught me how to love.  I am called to be unfailingly kind.  I am called to stop evil and violence in its tracks by kindness.  I am called to love all not selectively.  I must pray for all that God may bless everyone so we may live in peace with God and in harmony with each other.

Help me Lord when I am tempted to be rude and unkind.  Help me check myself and do violence to my will.  Help me to speak and act gently.  I cannot walk blamelessly without Your grace and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment