Thursday, February 20, 2014

James 2:1-9, Psalm, 34:2-7, Mark 8:27-33

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

James 2:1-9, Psalm, 34:2-7, Mark 8:27-33


James 2:1-9

My Beloved, how often I am guilty of judging people based on appearances.  There is no justification for the way I sometimes react to people - they may have used a tone of voice that I found offensive and annoying which made my hackles rise.  Perhaps I recoiled from the smell or I was unkind and indifferent because of the person's appearance.  I am ashamed to admit that I have been guilty in many instances of behaving in a manner not pleasing to God.  I am guilty of being pleasing and helpful to those who have a great deal of what this world affirms as desirable and carry clout as opposed to those who don't.  

The Church is called to have a preferential love for the poor and I as a member of the church am called to do the same.  The Law of the Kingdom is one I must set before me always, "Love your neighbor as yourself." You have warned that I will be judged in the same measure as I judge other.  

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Psalm, 34:2-7  

MAGNIFY THE LORD WITH ME

Come join me as we glorify His Name,
In distress I called to Him to save me,
He came in haste and took away my shame.
Let’s  celebrate His never ending mercy,
We’ll clap and sing aloud in grateful praise,
Reflecting the radiance of  His beauty
Our joyful hearts will stream abundant grace.
He commands His angels to surround us,
They guard us so we never need know fear,
God stoops low so we can taste His goodness,
He shelters in His heart those He holds dear.
Seek the Lord and You will lack for nothing,
He alone can satisfy your soul,
He is the Living Bread that comes from heaven,
To  sanctify, to nourish and make whole.
If you desire life in all its fullness,
Seal your lips from falsehood and deceit,
Turn away from every form of evil,
Take refuge in His love and pursue peace.
http://bridegroomofmysoul.blogspot.com/2012/06/magnify-lord-with-me-psalm-34.html

Myra D’Souza / 27th June 2012

Mark 8:27-33

My Beloved, today You ask me, "Who do You say that I am?"


No comments:

Post a Comment