Monday, February 17, 2014

James 1:1-11, Psalm 119:67-68, 71-72, 75-76, Mark 8:11-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

James 1:1-11, Psalm 119:67-68, 71-72, 75-76, Mark 8:11-13

James 1:1-11

My Beloved, so often our reaction to trials is moaning, groaning and complaining, "Why me Lord?" Yet we know that if we are honest we will agree that it is precisely when we face difficulties with courage and purpose that we emerge the stronger and better for it.  Challenges met head on enable us to grow in confidence.  Our character shaped and formed by them, help us to become the person God desires us to be.

We are created for a purpose, we have an eternal destiny and all of life must help us to realize and work towards that goal which is ultimately to see God Face to Face. God gives generously all we need and more to be victorious.  Grace upon grace is poured upon us in the Sacraments and with the help of  the Holy Spirit who abides in us we can battle with the enemy and rout him.  Victory is ours already as we help one another striving together and encouraging each other on this journey through life to our eternal destiny.

Psalm 119:67-68, 71-72, 75-76

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.


My Beloved I remember many occasions in the past when I willfully chose to sin and do what I knew was displeasing in Your sight but sorrow brought me to my knees and wisdom came through a great outpouring of tears.  You were not afraid to lay me low in order to raise me up. Now I can say with the Psalmist, "It is good for me to have been afflicted, for I have deeply learned your statutes." 

Thank you for comforting me and offering me Your unfailing help.  Thank You for yoking Yourself to me through all the difficult circumstances in my life and helping me come through it all victorious through grace.

Mark 8:11-13

My Beloved, only the faithless ask for signs.  For those who know and love You no sign is necessary whereas no sign is spectacular enough for those who refuse to believe.  So often people flocked to You in order to see the extraordinary miracles You performed, perhaps the were even  the recipient of the healings but there not interested in conversion.  

The Signs we have today of Your Presence with us are the Sacraments and there are many who partake of them but are left unmoved and untouched despite the fact that we have the greatest sign of all that God truly dwells among His people more fully and tangibly than You did when You walked among men 2000 years ago.

God never forces Himself on anyone and if we reject Him then He will not stay but we must remember that He will always be found waiting for us in the Bark of St. Peter but we must be prepared to cross the Tiber in order to meet Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment