Sunday, November 3, 2013

Wisdom 11:22-12:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12:2, Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14, Luke 19:1-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Wisdom 11:22-12:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12:2, Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14,  Luke 19:1-10


Wisdom 11:22-12:2

My Beloved, God created all that exists with one Word and through the Holy Spirit's power that emanated from the Eternal Word all that God desired came to be.  All is sustained by the power of the Word of God in the Breath of His Spirit.

The Triune God upholds everything and God loves everything that He created.  Even though we stray, You come in search of us.  When we repent we are forgiven if we are contrite, You will hasten to wipe away our iniquity and You cleanse us from our sins.  You are the God of the living and the living are glad of Your love.  You correct those You love and those who sin You rebuke and admonish.  You make a way for sinners to return home and provide the grace that enables them to overcome temptation in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12:2

My Beloved, God created me for a purpose and that purpose is to know You, love You, serve You and to happy with You both in this life and eternally in the next.  You have called me to labor in Your vineyard.  You have a plan for my life.  There is a work I am called to do, a work through which You my Lord and my God will be known, adored, loved and glorified.

I am called to make You known where I live, where I work and where I gather with Your people to worship, praise and fellowship.  This is my mission - to stay within the sheepfold and led by Your Holy Spirit to fulfill the purpose for which I was created.

Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14

Verse 14
The Lord lifts up those who are falling and raises those who are beaten down.

You have lifted me up my Beloved time and time again.  Only You and I know how truly weak I am and how much in need of Your strength to hold me up so I can stand. You do not lose patience with me. You do not turn Your Face away from me in anger or frustration. You do no despair of me and consider that I am not worth loving because of my shortcomings.  Instead the weaker I am, the more prone to falling, the great the kindness, tenderness, mercy and compassion You extend toward me and not only me but to all.  In the end my Beloved, saved by grace and love, You will take me home to live in the company of the angels and saints where I will praise, adore and worship You joyfully forever. 

Luke 19:1-10

A desire to see You led Zacchaeus, a public sinner, to go to the place where he heard You would be passing by. He had no false notions about himself. He knew his limitations. He was spiritually as well as physically challenged; being short of stature but neither of these would deter him from seeing one of whom he had heard so much about and who had stirred his imagination and admiration.  It did not matter to him if You would not notice him as long as he had a glimpse of You he would be satisfied. He did not care about appearing ridiculous to the crowd when he climbed the sycamore tree to get a better view.  He saw You coming up the dusty road with Your disciples and his excitement grew steadily the closer You came and lo and behold You not only stopped right under the spot where he was perched, but You called him by his name.

Thank you my Beloved for knowing my name and for calling it lovingly and repeatedly until I heard and I returned to You. Grant that I may be as generous as Zacchaeus in making reparation for my many sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment