Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sirach 35:12-14, 16-18, 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18, Psalm 32:2-3, 17-19 & 23, Luke 18:9-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Sirach 35:12-14, 16-18, 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18, Psalm 32:2-3, 17-19 & 23, Luke 18:9-14


Sirach 35:12-14, 16-18

My Beloved, it is good to know that God is an impartial judge. All will receive a fair hearing and the poor, the widow and the orphan will not be robbed of what is rightfully theirs.  This is so unlike the world where people are constantly being judged by what they have and who they are.  The righteous will receive a just reward.  The humble of heart will cry to out to You and will be heard for our God stoops low over His people and watches over them more tenderly than a mother watches over her baby.

2 Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18

My Beloved, like St. Paul I too am called to make a total sacrifice of myself in Your service and the service of the Gospel.  I must accept all the suffering You send me without complaint.  Like St. Paul I must remember that if everyone fails me, God will continue to stay beside me because He is always faithful and His mercy endures forever.  He will save me from the jaws of death and the mouth of hell.  He will keep safe my reward.

Psalm 32:2-3, 17-19 & 23

These verses are also found in St. Paul's letter to Timothy.  The psalmist expresses the same sentiments as St. Paul.  My Beloved, I have nothing to boast of, You are my boast, for You are my God and in You all the promises of God are Yes and Amen.

St. Paul experienced Your great love when he was struck blind on the road to Damascus and he discovered that the Lord our God is good and righteous.  The Lord stays close to those who suffer heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment