Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Romans 8:26-30, Psalm 13:4-6, Luke 13:22-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Romans 8:26-30, Psalm 13:4-6, Luke 13:22-30


Romans 8:26-30

My Beloved, I am weak and I need Your Spirit to help me, to pray for me, to make known my needs to You so You can grant me all I need to be pleasing to You.

In everything God works for the good of those who love You. I love You, so God works for good in all the circumstances of my life.  God has a plan for me, a plan that unfolds from moment to moment.  I can trust Him because He is my Father and because I belong to You.  Your Holy Spirit helps me to imitate You.  I am made righteous in You my Beloved through grace that You obtain for me, and in the end, I will share Your glory because I will be one with You eternally. 

Psalm 13:4-6

My Beloved, grant me the light of Your wisdom lest I sin and die.  I put my trust and hope in You from sunrise to sunrise and I know that You will never fail me. I rejoice in Your love which upholds and sustains me.  Thank You for the goodness You have always shown me.

Luke 13:22-30

My Beloved, it is so hard to exercise my will over my natural inclination to choose the easy path, to deny myself the things that would lead me to self-indulgence where I could become lazy in spiritual things.  

Time on earth is short.  I must be awake, alert and steadfast in my faith lest apathy takes over and I find that my time has run out and I stand before You with nothing but an empty heart and an empty life.

No comments:

Post a Comment