Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Romans 5:12, 15b, 17-19, 20b-21, Psalm 40:7-10, 17, Luke 12:35-38

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Romans 5:12, 15b, 17-19, 20b-21, Psalm 40:7-10, 17, Luke 12:35-38

Romans 5:12, 15b, 17-19, 20b-21

Faith is the certainty that every promise God has made is true for in Christ Jesus every promise is Yes and Amen.

My Beloved, if I am ruled by the law then I am stifled for then I am ruled by fear but if I am ruled by love then there is no need to be afraid.  Perfect love casts out fear.

Abraham was a hundred years old, Sara was well past her childbearing years.  Humanly speaking there was no way they could bring forth new life for they themselves were practically dead,.  But God can bring forth life where there was not and that is what he did in the case of Abraham and Sara.  new life was called forth from their bodies for God has power over all things.  More importantly, Abraham believed that nothing was impossible for God and if he had made a promise then it he had complete faith that that promise would be fulfilled.  To God alone is the glory and the honor for our God will keep His promises to every generation. 

Psalm 40:7-10, 17

My Beloved, although God asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son and offer him up as a burnt offering, God would not permit that he make so great a sacrifice.  All God wanted was to test Abraham's faith and see if it would remain unshaken even if it meant the loss of his only son.  

The Father had already willed that He would offer You, His only Son, in perfect atonement for the sins of the world and Your response was, "Here I am, I come to do Your will." May this be my response too.  Every time You call me, may I gladly, promptly, lovingly, and obediently say, "Here I am my Beloved, I come to do Your will.  Use me for Your glory alone."  As You once said to the Apostles, "To do the will of my Father is food and drink to me, I have food and drink of which You know nothing of."  We too, my Beloved, have food and drink which You provide at every Eucharist, Your own most precious Body, and Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment