Friday, July 5, 2013

Tobit 3:1-11, 16-17, Psalm 25:2-9, Mark 12:18-27

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Tobit 3:1-11, 16-17, Psalm 25:2-9, Mark 12:18-27

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


Tobit 3:1-11, 16-17

When we are asked to bear a cross of any kind let us bear it with grace and patience.  May we praise You as Tobit praised You. He did not complain.  You are a just God and You do not lay a heavy hand on us unless it is to strengthen and purify us. To walk before You in Truth is to walk with Jesus Your Son who is Truth.  Like Tobit I too implore You my Lord to do with me as You will simply because I am Yours and You have the right to do so.  Except Lord do not turn away from me in anger, if You do I will die for I am too weak to make it on my own.  

You hear every sincere pray.  It flies like an arrow to Your heart and You pour upon us help and grace.  Thank You.

Psalm 25:2-9

This day my Beloved, hear my prayer and answer me.  Grant me a fresh outpouring of Your Spirit in order that I may be pleasing to You.  Let Your Truth guide me.  Let Wisdom walk beside me and prompt all my actions.  Give me a heart that is good, kind and compassionate. Mindful of my own weaknesses which are legion grant me patience when others stumble. Amen!

Mark 12:18-27

The Sadducees  thought they had trapped You when they put this absurd riddle to You asking for an answer?  Because they had a certain belief they were unable to look beyond their prejudice with a fresh vision.  They looked at the spiritual with the eyes of the world and the flesh.  You set them right. Verse 24 upbraids them for their ignorance of Scripture and God.  We are called to reflect on Scripture and meditate on the Word and with the help of Your Holy Spirit, You will help us to grasp eternal truths and give us insights into the heart of and mind of God.

Grant me Lord not to walk in the flesh but in the Light of Your Spirit. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment