Saturday, July 6, 2013

Genesis 27:1-5, 15-29, Psalm 135;1b-6, Matthew 9:14-17

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Genesis 27:1-5, 15-29, Psalm 135;1b-6, Matthew 9:14-17

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm



Genesis 27:1-5, 15-29

My Beloved, each time You call me may my response be, "Here I am."  And when I come before You may I bring before You the fragrance of my love for You and may it be pleasing and dispose You to bless not only me but those I love as well.

Psalm 135;1b-6

My Beloved, Isaac intended to give his blessing to his son Esay but God intended otherwise.  Jacob was the one destined to receive Isaac's blessing.  God's plans can never be thwarted.  As He desires so it shall be this is what verse 6 reminds us of.

Praise the Lord!!!

Matthew 9:14-17


My Beloved, how often I am guilty of comparing myself favorably to others. I do so in the secret places of my mind where none but You can see me. I am given to boasting in secret like the self-righteous Pharisees and think myself better than others when in fact the truth is they are fare more pleasing in Your sight that I.  This sin of self-righteous condemns me.


Help me to be always aware of the fact that if there is any good in me  it is there because Your inspire it and You make it possible through the endless supply of grace You pour upon me.  Every good thought, word and deed is inspired by the Holy Spirit.  On my own I am less than nothing.

You are my Bridegroom thank You for loving me as well as You do even though I do not deserve such love.

No comments:

Post a Comment