Monday, June 3, 2013

Tobit 1:3, 2:1-8, Psalm 112:1-2, 3-6, Mark 12:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Tobit 1:3, 2:1-8, Psalm 112:1-2, 3-6, Mark 12:1-12

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


Tobit 1:3, 2:1-8

I, Tobit, have walked in the ways of truth and justice all the days of my life; 

My Beloved I wish I could make this claim as confidently as Tobit does.

My Beloved, burying the dead is a corporal act of mercy.  Tobit is a good man, a man after the heart of God.  A man who was compassionate and had a tender heart.  Who shared what he had with the poor.  He was not afraid to perform an act of mercy even though it was forbidden and he had already been punished and imprisoned before.

Help me my Beloved not to be afraid of those who may kill my body but after that can do nothing more, rather as You have said,I must be afraid of Him who can destroy both body and soul in hell.

Psalm 112:1-2, 3-6

My Beloved, we were created and formed in the image of God and God sent You into the world as a Man.

We have no excuse not to look at You and model our lives on You.  This is the one purpose why You came into the world to be the means by which all are saved.  You came to seek and save the lost and to show us the way to the Father.

Give me knowledge.  Give me a beggar's heart that is constantly aware that it has nothing and is totally dependent on Your love, mercy and compassion.  Give me a heart that strives to love as You love.
Mark 12:1-12

My Beloved, God created us to know Him, love Him, serve Him and to be happy with Him in this life and eternally in the life to come.

Many of us have forgotten this Lord and that is why we are a sick, sad, depressed, stressed out lot.  Joyless without compassion more self-indulgent than selfless.  We make excuses for our sins and weaknesses and we come down like a ton of bricks on those who tell us the truth about ourselves.  Those who remind us about God's purpose for our lives.

In the past the prophets who spoke God's message were killed. He then sent You into the world to reveal His immense love for us and You were killed and those who carry out Your mission in the world are persecuted and often killed too.

Bring us back Lord - help us return with contrite and repentant hearts and give us once more the joy of living as redeemed, sanctified, joyful children of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment