Wednesday, June 19, 2013

2 Corinthians 9:6-11, Psalm 112:1bc-4, 9, Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Corinthians 9:6-11, Psalm 112:1bc-4, 9, Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

 http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


2 Corinthians 9:6-11

My Beloved the secret of living a life that is always be pleasing to You is to be a giver.  All we have received through the generous hand of God is given in order that we experience the pleasure of giving it all away just as You did.

Those who give half-heartedly without stretching the arm and giving with an open hand will receive only a little in return.  God is a generous and bountiful Giver and we must imitate Him.  

The Church makes no demands on us  with regard to tithes - love does not demand nor does it restrict the extent to which one lays down one's life for another in a total gift of self.  Each gives according to their desire there is no obligation in giving. It is an act of love and God who cannot be outdone in love or in generosity will give us as only He can give without measure. He will exaggerate our generosity and heap upon us grace upon grace in this life and eternal happiness in the next. 

Psalm 112:1bc-4, 9

My Beloved, each baptized Christian is called to be another Christ.  We must image You in everything if we are to be pleasing to the Father and He in turn will bless us and our children in full measure.

Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

My Beloved, God sees the heart and He cannot be deceived.  He looks for the motives behind my actions and if they are not what they should be then He has no interest at all in my acts of generosity and piety.  If my sole desire is to be praised by people and to this end I make a great outward show of my acts of charity and spirituality, I have already received my meagre reward and can expect nothing more from You.

Every good deed, word and prayer must be done for the sole purpose of pleasing You and must be prompted by genuine love.

Keep me cheerful always my Beloved so You will be pleased with me.      

No comments:

Post a Comment