Thursday, June 20, 2013

2 Corinthians 11:1-11, Psalm 111:1b-4, 7-8, Matthew 6:7-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Corinthians 11:1-11, Psalm 111:1b-4, 7-8, Matthew 6:7-15

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm



2 Corinthians 11:1-11


My Beloved, I have been promised to You in marriage.  I am betrothed to You and will be espoused to You in heaven.  I am presented to You as a pure virgin and this is why the devil is in an uproar.  For what is true for me is true for every Christian.
The work of the Apostles that ended in the shedding of their blood for the sake of the Gospel has borne fruit.  We stay faithful  awake and alert to the very real dangers of false prophets who speak a message and preach a doctrine alien to the one that has been entrusted to Holy Mother Church.

Our Papa Francis is leading the way to You through the path of humility demonstrating to the world and teaching us anew that humility, love and service go hand in hand as we live the life of the Gospel.

Psalm 111:1b-4, 7-8

My Beloved, thank You for Your goodness, justice and love.  You are worthy of trust and You never fail.  Your Word is Truth and it is eternal.  It is the same yesterday, today and forever.  It is unchanging.  I put all my faith, hope and trust in You and I know that You will never fail or disappoint.


Matthew 6:7-15

My Beloved, prayer is also just being in Your Presence in perfect silence.  My full heart is an open book before You.  There is nothing I can confide in You that You do not already know.

You ask that I possess a childlike spirit.  I come to You to ask with the confidence of a child who depends on the Father for everything - food, security, guidance, love and protection.  Only one barrier can come between us and that is withholding forgiveness to those who have wronged me.  In the measure that I forgive and give will I be forgiven and given.  This is a truth I must keep always before me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment