Tuesday, June 18, 2013

2 Corinthians 8:1-9, Psalm 146:2, 5-9a, Matthew 5:43-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
2 Corinthians 8:1-9, Psalm 146:2, 5-9a, Matthew 5:43-48

 http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


2 Corinthians 8:1-9

My Beloved, everything about the Kingdom of God and of Divine Love is a contradiction.  When I am weak I am strong.  When I give I have in abundance.  When I cling to things I lose everything.  When I die to self, I live.  When I am persecuted for the sake of the Kingdom I know peace and joy that is beyond human comprehension. 

Anyone who desires to take the Gospel seriously  will find the Pearl of Great price and will gladly lose everything in order to possess it.  Grant my Beloved that I put myself completely at Your disposal so You can use me exactly as You will my Love.

"Excel in generous service." 

Verse 9 sums it all.  What better example of a Perfect Giver do we have than You my Lord.  I do not have much my Lord but all I have and am is Yours.

Psalm 146:2, 5-9a

My Beloved, You put a song of praise in my heart because You love me and I am privileged to respond in love.  In this is my joy.  to know I am loved, to love in return and to rest secure in Your love for me.  I have tasted Your goodness, I have experienced Your forgiving love and the power of Your touch which heals and makes whole again.  

If I have done anything that You consider praiseworthy it is only because Your love for me and mine for You prompted it.  To love You is my life, my hope and my joy.  In loving You I am satisfied as at a banquet.  In You my Beloved all receive the fullness of Your generosity and compassionate love. 
 
Matthew 5:43-48

My Beloved, You first show us how much You much You love us.  Once we know the full extent of Your love, we respond with all the fervor that we are capable of.  True love demands a total self-giving, a total emptying of self.  It means pouring oneself out constantly for the other and seeking the good of the other always and all the time.  

We do not pick and choose those that we love but are called to love everyone and most especially those who do not care too much about us.  These are particularly hard to love.  I am not called to be a self-righteous judge and nit pick the faults of another rather I am commanded to be righteous and perfect in the same manner that Abouna in heaven is righteous and perfect.  You have set the bar impossibly high my Beloved but that's because You supply the grace and united with You and empowered by Your Holy Spirit nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment