Monday, June 17, 2013

2 Corinthians 6:1-10, Psalm 98:1-4, Matthew 5:38-42

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Corinthians 6:1-10, Psalm 98:1-4, Matthew 5:38-42

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


2 Corinthians 6:1-10


Living the life of an authentic Christian is to live a life filled with apparent contradictions.  Anyone and everyone who is baptized into the Body of Christ, the Beloved, is God's helper.  We offer to others the same help that we ourselves have received.  We show the same mercy and loving compassion that God has extended to us.  The same gentleness in helping the sinner repent and come home.  Everyday every hour every moment is the acceptable time to be saved from death.

We must have a great care about how we conduct ourselves lest it be said of us that we are a stumbling block for those with weak faith.  We are called to minister in love not only by word and deed but also by example.  In times of persecution, we must endure relying on His help, His grace and His strength.

We must be unfailingly good, kind, gentle, forbearing.  It must be evident that our knowledge and our exemplary life, our patience, all flows from a life lived under the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Whether we are praised or ignored it ought not to effect our mission.  We must be witnesses to the love of God in Christ Jesus through His Holy Spirit in season and out of season.

Psalm 98:1-4

You will never forget You love us now that You sent Your Son into the world and who became the means by which we are all saved.  You now see us through Christ colored glasses and You will never forget the price paid for our redemption.

Thank You my Beloved for all that You did for me in love.  Thank You Father, thank You Holy Spirit - in turn I offer You a loving and grateful heart.  

Matthew 5:38-42

Beloved, You teach us that we can take the wind out of the sails of those who oppose us with love, kindness and gentleness.  Offer good for evil, love for hate. A gentle answer turns away wrath.  We are called to be instruments of peace in the world.  If someone strikes me, spits on me, maligns me, is malicious, mean, unkind even viciously evil, I must not retaliate in kind but reveal the Face of God which is Christ Jesus.

I am called to be light, leaven and salt in the world even if my influence is small because I am only a bruised reed a flickering wick I am still required to burn myself out for the love of God in imitation of You my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment