Thursday, May 2, 2013

Acts 15:7-21, Psalm 1-3, 10, John 15:9-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 15:7-21, Psalm 1-3, 10, John 15:9-11

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


Acts 15:7-21

My Beloved, thank You for Your wisdom in setting Peter over the rest of the Apostles not as a dictator, but to be the final voice, who after listening to all that his fellow Apostles had to say, speaks as one to whom the final authority has been conferred.  It is the authority that You have vested in him to bind and loose.  

You have given the Church Your assurance that when Peter speaks heaven will listen and God Himself will ratify.  You have given the Church Your guarantee that in matters of faith and morals - all those who hold the Petrine office as well as the Church herself, will never teach error.  Thank You for this guarantee and assurance by which we can always confidently trust Holy Mother Church.

I thank You my Beloved that all nations have been invited to feast at the Table of the Lord. Those of us who are saved now carry the responsibility to take the Good News to the ends of the earth and even more importantly to live it in every aspect of our lives.

Psalm 1-3, 10

Beloved, this is how we proclaim the Good News, we do so by telling everyone how marvellously good You have been to us.  How exceedingly kind and generous in forgiving our sins and paying the price that redeems us.  I will sing, I will praise, I will glorify You all my days.  I am not afraid of Your judgments Lord for they are always tempered by Your infinite and tender mercy.

John 15:9-11

"As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you."  WOW Beloved!! - my poor love is a little flickering wick, a love that comes from a bruised reed.  It is an imperfect love but the measure You use to love me is not in the measure of my poor love for You but the infinite measure of the Father's love for You and  Yours for the Father.  All You ask of me is to enter into this ocean of infinite love and rest in it.  You even tell me how to do it - obedience to the commandments is the key.  Even in this You have not left it to us to figure it out but You have given us the example of perfect obedience to the Father's will.  You desire that we experience and not only experience but receive Your own joy so in Your joy our own will be complete.  In You alone there is wholeness, union, oneness and perfect peace and harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment