Friday, May 3, 2013

1 Corinthians 15:1-8, Psalm 19:2-5, John 14:6

FEAST OF SAINTS PHILIP & JAMES - APOSTLES 

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
1 Corinthians 15:1-8, Psalm 19:2-5, John 14:6

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


1 Corinthians 15:1-8

My Beloved, the Good News that we are called to preach in season and out of season is this:
Christ died for our sins
He was buried
He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

My Beloved, this is what the Apostles preached and on this firm foundation of Truth stands our faith.  We receive this Truth handed down by the Apostles, preserved in its pristine beauty and clarity in the Church and this same Truth is also handed down from generation to generation until You come again.  

You come to each of us and reveal Yourself to us just as You did after Your Resurrection, at every worthy reception of the Holy Eucharist.  Thank You!!!

Psalm 19:2-5

My Beloved, the world is a glorious place full of beauty because Your glory fills the heavens and the earth.  Because all creation came to be at Your Word, breathed into life by the Holy Spirit at the will of the Father. This beauty is given to us each day and night, the same and yet different because You are a God of infinite variety.  No two dawns are the same, no two night skies the same.  What was yesterday repeats itself today and yet it is unique.  God works in a silence that is heard from one end of the earth to the other - the message that God is good, He is alive and He constantly makes all things new through You in the power of the Holy Spirit.

John 14:6

My Beloved Lord, I hope You will never have to say to me what You said to Philip.  "What! I have been with you so long and you still do not know me, Philip?" I have seen You my Love, my Life, my Hope, my Joy and my Delight each time I visit You and kneel before You int he Adoration Chapel.  At every celebration of the Eucharist when You offer Yourself as a pleasing Sacrifice to the Father and I offer my poor self too in union with You.  Each time I receive You in the Holy Eucharist I taste Your Goodness.  You fill my mouth and my soul with the Finest Wheat and the Sweetest Honey.

I believe Lord that You are in the Father and the Father is in You. I also believe that everything I ask as I call upon Your Name all the days of my life one earth, You will grant me so that Your Father is glorified in You.

I ask for the virtues of humility and obedience in order that I may know how truly dependent I am on You for everything.  I remain Your little nothing as You my God are my Everything Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment