Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Acts 14:19-28, Psalm 145:10-13ab, 21, John 14:27-31a

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Acts 14:19-28, Psalm 145:10-13ab, 21, John 14:27-31a

 http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


Acts 14:19-28

My Beloved, why is it that Christians who preach the Good News are hated with such vicious hatred?  Does goodness like a mirror reflect  how corrupt they are so they seek to deny the truth about themselves and instead turn on those who stir their conscience?  

St. Paul was almost stoned to death but he continued to preach and teach the Gospel.  This is the task of those who call themselves Christians.  We are called to encourage and strengthen one another.  Nothing must hinder us from doing God's work and we must never forget that prayer and fasting come before we can even put a step forward.  All we do must be in concert with the Holy Spirit and must be in line with the teachings of Holy Mother Church.  We must pray alone and as a community for we are members of Your Body and members of God's family. In responding to Your invitation to call Your Father our Father we become Your brothers and sisters and brothers and sisters to each other as well.

It is also most important to speak of the marvels that God has wrought through us; our testimony and witness strengthens our faith, the faith of those who hears us, the Church and it glorifies God.

Psalm 145:10-13ab, 21

We are the work of Your hands and we must render You thanks.  Just as the lives of the Saints speak compellingly of what can be accomplished if we give our life in total humility and obedience to You, so too must we strive to live lives that glorify You.  Give me a disciples tongue and may I never cease to proclaim how good You are to me and have been since I first drew breath.  May every breath I breathe, every word I speak, every thought I think give praise and honor to You my Lord and my God.

John 14:27-31a

"Peace be with you.  I give you my peace."  

My Beloved peace in the world is as elusive as trying to hold on to quicksilver.  Without You peace is impossible - not the kind of peace that is lasting, abiding and is present in the heart despite the circumstances we may be in.

My Beloved, You are the perfect image of the invisible God that is why You could say in Truth that whoever sees You has seen the Father.  You and the Father are One for You are begotten by the Father and are one in nature - the nature of God.  Thank You for Your reassurance to me today to be neither troubled nor afraid.  I won't be Lord - in this is peace that I take You at Your Word.  I know I shall not be disappointed. 

If I do all that You have taught us to do and which the Church teaches and keeps faithfully alive until You come again, I too will be doing what the Father taught You to do which is to love as You love - agape love, sacrificial love that pours itself out without counting the cost to self.  

I LOVE YOU JESUS!





No comments:

Post a Comment