Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Acts 2: 36-41, Psalm 33:4-5, 18-20, 22, John 29:36-41



EASTER OCTAVE





Acts 2: 36-41, Psalm 33:4-5, 18-20, 22, John 29:36-41


Acts 2: 36-41

My Beloved, the power of Your Name, the power of the Holy Spirit and the promise of God our Father, are a force that can move the heavens and shake the earth from its very foundations. To those who believe, those who repent and are baptized in the Most Holy Name of Jesus have all our sins forgiven and me receive the anointing of God's own Holy Spirt. We are empowered just like Peter to preach the God News and this Good News has the power to bring many to believe in the wonderful promise that God makes to those who believe in His only Son - we become co-heirs to a Kingdom.

Psalm 33:4-5, 18-20, 22

My Beloved, You are my Hope, my Help, my Song, my Salvation.  I trust in Your Word and Your saving work on the Cross.  If I live by Your precepts of love, I can hope to walk with You in the land of the living.  Your eye is upon me, were You to take Your gaze away from me, I would no longer be.  Your love sustains me.  I trust in Your great love for me to save me.  I look at You and my soul is satisfied.  My life and my strength come from You.  Because You love me I am.  My hope is in You now and forever.

John 29:36-41

My Beloved, You live and I have no reason to weep - I exult my God is alive and because He lives, I live.

Why do you weep?  Weep no more.  The time for weeping is at an end.  Those who seek Me will find Me and having found Me will have found the Pearl of great price.  In Me is salvation.  

My Beloved,  my mission is like Mary Magdalene's I have to hurry and announce to the world, "I have seen the Lord and this is what He said to me." I must not cling to You selfishly but having found You I must allow my joy to be the force that desires to spread this Good News to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment