Sunday, March 31, 2013

Acts 10:34, 37-43, 1 Corinthians 5:6b-8, Psalm 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23, John 20:1-9


ALLELUIA!!!!  ALLELUIA!!!!!  ALLELUIA!!!!
EASTER SUNDAY



Acts 10:34, 37-43, 1 Corinthians 5:6b-8, Psalm 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23, John 20:1-9



Acts 10:34, 37-43

My Beloved, it is consoling to know that unlike the people of the world God does not play favorites nor does He show partiality but loves all equally.  Through the anointing of the Holy Spirit which You received from the Father You rose from the dead.  You do all exactly as You have seen the Father do eternally.  Just as it pleases You and it is Your delight to always yield gladly to His will, so grant that I too will find pleasure and delight in acquiescing to Your will always.

I have been baptized into Your Body, grant me a full measure of Your Holy Spirit and power that I too may do the work You desire me to accomplish.  May I be an effective witness wherever I am, drawing souls constantly to seek You and love You.  You have raised me from the death of sin to newness of life, may I live and die for You alone.  Amen. 

1 Corinthians 5:6b-8

I am now a new creation in You my Beloved.  Grant that I may be dead to sin in all its ugly forms.  Let me be transformed in You and may I live the life of the Resurrection that You won for me at the cost of Your passion and death.

 Psalm 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23

Alleluia!! I sing our Easter song.  You have risen from the dead and earth is glad.  Thank You for Your loving kindness in taking upon Yourself our guilt shame and death and destroying it in Your Body.  You struck Satan a death blow and he is in the throes of agony spreading the lie that he has power to poison the well of God's mercy and tender compassion.  Many are taken in by the lie.  Grant to us who know and believe, to witness boldly that You have triumphed victoriously and   Satan's reign is at an end.

John 20:1-9

 My Beloved, You now reign in glory at the right hand of the Father and we are entrusted to carry out the mission to spread the Good News.  May we not sit on our hands but go out boldly as the Apostles and disciples did. Let us spread the message that God so loved the world that He sent You into the world in order to save us from the penalty of sin and death. You have been raised by God and given a Name above every name and when it is pronounced every knee shall bow in heaven on earth and the underworld and every tongue shall confess to the glory of God that You are Lord!!!. Even if we have to lay down our lives for the Good news grant us the courage to do so gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment