Thursday, March 21, 2013

Genesis 17:3-9, Psalm 105:4-9, John 8:51-59

32nd Day in Lent

Look to Me and be radiant. Let not your face be covered in shame You called on me and I answered you from all your fears I delivered you.  Although your sins are as scarlet I h ave washed you whiter than snow.  Walk in the Light of My Word and you will be saved.

Genesis 21:6
 “God has brought me laughter and everyone who hears of this will laugh with me.”
=============================================================
 Genesis 17:3-9, Psalm  105:4-9, John 8:51-59


Genesis 17:3-9

Abouna, (our Father) while it is true that You have made a Covenant of Love with us sealed in the Blood of Your Beloved Son, we too are called to keep the Covenant by our  response in love and gratitude.  You have chosen us, sanctified us and we are now called Christians, followers of Jesus and our lives must reflect every aspect of His life.  The more we reflect Him the more pleasing we will be o You and the more readily will You answer us when we call.  Your promise and Your Covenant are everlasting to those who keep Your Word and follow Your commandment to love You and love our neighbor as ourselves.
 
Psalm  105:4-9

It is only when my face is turned to You that I can be strong. May I seek Your Face always as a child its father and mother.  In times of distress help me recall how often You have come to my rescue and saved me.  How triumphantly You have worked on my behalf.  Your judgments are true all are right and all of them are tempered with your tender mercy and compassion. You heart is moved with pity for us for we cannot do one good act without the help of Your grace and Your Holy Spirit.  Thank You for the everlasting Covenant that You have made with us.

John 8:51-59

Truth is obscure to those who refuse to see. Those who choose to be blind.  Truth demands metanoia and people would rather cling to the old, afraid of challenge to pet theories they prefer to cling to, their idea of the truth rather than to embrace the Living Truth embodied in You.

Before Abraham was I AM - they knew exactly what You meant when You said those words by which God revealed Himself to Moses, Isaac, Jacob and to the end of time. I AM - the Eternal Word, God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God.  Begotten not made and one with the Father and the Holy.  We know the Father because You revealed Him to us and day by day we come to know You through Your most Holy Spirit indwelling in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment