Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9, Psalm 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20, Matthew 5:17-19

19th Day in Lent
I am beside you fighting the daily battles you face along with you. No harm or evil will overtake you because you are Mine. I wil figh your adversaries on your behalf and win the vistory for you.  Do not dwell on the past on things that happened long ago. Watch for the new thing the I will do and am doing for you.

Deuteronomy 14:10, 11b, 19-20, 15-16
10 When you give anything, give it willingly, and Yahweh, your God, will bless you for this in all your work and in all that you under­take. You must be open-handed to your brother, to the needy and to the poor in your land.

Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9, Psalm 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20, Matthew 5:17-19 
Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9

Listen and put into practice all that I teach you in order that you may live and receive all I wish to give you.  If you obey all that I command; you will grow in wisdom.  I will be close to you and when you call, I who am right beside you will answer.  Be vigilant. Never forget all that I have taught you and all you have experienced and all that you have understood of Me through each of your experiences. Speak of Me and witness to My love.

Psalm 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20

My Beloved, the whole purpose of my life is to exalt You in all things. To let every word and action praise You in acknowledgement of all You have done for me. It is You who bless and strengthen me every day. It is You who watch over and protect my children. You are God and all creation is under Your rule and command. You are the Word and the Seed and at Your Word all creation hastens to obey. You spread Your goodness and blessings as snow covers the earth and You have power to scatter Your enemies as ash is scattered by the wind.

We are Your chosen by You just as You chose Peter, the Rock. You are the Cornerstone of the Church You founded on Peter and the Apostles.  All who believe are saved, sanctified and strengthened by You in the Holy Eucharist and we are steadily being transformed in Your Image.

Matthew 5:17-19 

My Beloved, You summarise the all that the law says and the prophets taught into two clear commandments. On these two commandments we either stand to Your glory or we fall to our everlasting shame. Love of God and love of neighbor as ourselves. You did not do away with the 10 commandments - they are as relevant or perhaps more relevant than they ever were.  They are hard to obey if we are not humble and if we have not understood that they are given to us by a God whose Name and Nature is LOVE.

You gave us a great example of how to obey and fulfill God's commands and we must follow Your example in being witnesses to the Law of Love. This is the purpose of our lives, to be obedient to the laws of the GOd of Love who creates us in love, rules us with love, saved us in love and will take us to remain with Him eternally in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment