Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Daniel 3:25, 34-43, Psalm 25:4-5b, 6 & 7bc,8-9, Matthew 18:21-35

18th Day in Lent
God created you in love - what is your response to this gift of love that God has given you.



Exodus 20:6
I show steadfast love until the thousandth generation for those who love me and keep my commandments.
--------------------------------------------------
 DAILY HOLY MASS 

Daniel 3:25, 34-43, Psalm 25:4-5b, 6 & 7bc,8-9, Matthew 18:21-35

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm
 
Daniel 3:25, 34-43

Abouna (Our Father) for the sake of Your Name and the Name of Your Beloved Son do not abandon the work Your right hand has created to honor and glorify Your Son.  Yes, we are wretched sinners byt if You withdraw Your mercy and compassion form us to whom shall we go?  You creates us and now we belong to You - we are Your inheritance to Your Son.  Look at us whom He has redeemed, we have become the laughing stock of the world. We are called the most hideous and abominable names because we are true to the faith as handed to us by the Rock on which You have built Your Church.  The terrible sins committed by some are used as an excuse to bludgeon, deface, blacken and tarnish Your Bride, Your Body.

We have no leader right now and we cry out with one heart and one voice - may our signs reach Your ears.  Give us a leader who will bring us out of our shame, disgrace and sorrow and lead us with Your great wisdom and joy back to You.  

Thank You!

Psalm 25:4-5b, 6 & 7bc,8-9

My Beloved, humility is the key to unlock the treasury which is in the heart of God.  You are the Heart of God. In You we find loe and life.  You are the Way to God.  You are teh Truth of God and You bestow the life of God.  I know I am a sinner and unworthy of Your love but love me anyway my Beloved. Show me mercy and compassion. Pick me up. Stop my trembling with Your tender pity for this poor, weak, unworthy creature that I am and help me to stay close to Your heart all my days.

Matthew 18:21-35

My Beloved, here is a sober and thought provoking parable which has deep implications for anyone who desires to follow You closely.

Forgiveness is not always easy especially when those who have hurt us and wound us deeply are the very onews who are supposed to show us the greatest love.  The wounds caused repeatedly over time and the onw who inflicts the wound shows no sign or remorse but has decided that you are the one who has sinned rather than as the one who has been sinned against.

Yet we are not called t look at the sinner and forgive we are called to look at You on the Cross and forgive from the heart.  I can and have forgiven from the heart my Beloved - You who know all things also know this to be true but what about the pain and the wounds that remain?  I will expose each one to You my Lord and ask that You touch and heal eery one of them inorder that I may be whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment