Monday, March 4, 2013

2 Kings 5:1-3, 14 Psalm 42:2-3, 43:3-4 Luke 4:24-30



17th Day in Lent
I believe Lord, help my unbelief.



Jeremiah 18:6
 “........, can I not do with you what this potter does? As clay in the potter’s hand so are you in my hands.


===============================================
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

2 Kings 5:1-3, 14
Psalm 42:2-3, 43:3-4
Luke 4:24-30

2 Kings 5:1-3, 14
I THIRST FOR YOUR LOVE MY LORD!
Naaman was a foreigner yet the Lord was with him. His victories were possible because God made them possible. However he was a sinner as are all of us. But God is compassionate He does not want the death of a sinner but desires that all men be saved.  This young girl had a mission as do we.  She who was taken away from her family and brought as a slave turned out to be a blessing. She witnessed to the power of God and invited her captors too to experience the power of the One God.

Naaman believed what the prophet told him. Like every sinner who enters into the waters of baptism he merged from it with his soul cleansed and his body whole.  His physical healing was a sign of the greater spiritual healing that takes place when we are baptized. 

Psalm 42:2-3, 43:3-4

My Beloved, today it feels that You are far away from me- yet I know this is not true. My feelings are never an indication of what is real. Quench my thirst my Lord, grant that I may see You and be satisfied.  Lord Jesus Christ You who are the Light, Love, Truth, Splendor and Power of the Father, guide my feeble footsteps and carry me on the wings of the eagle to Your holy mountain where You dwell.  Let me approach the holy of holies, God of Joy and Delight and grant me the gift of praise so I may sing of You always.

Luke 4:24-30

My Beloved, our land is barren and our throats are parched. We run everywhere for relief except to You. We have forgotten that we are Your inheritance and children of God. We live as pagans and worship at every altar but the Altar of God.  Your reveal Yourself to those who do not know You because despite this their lives are far more pleasing to You.

The truth hurts and the more bitter the truth the more we rebel and seek to destroy it and erase it from the earth.  But the Truth can never be destroyed and one day we all will have to stand before the Truth we rejected and give an account of our lives.  You came to Your own but Your own rejected You.  Have mercy on us O Lord! Have mercy on us!.

No comments:

Post a Comment