Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19, Luke 11:39-32










7th Day of Lent
Whatever you do today do it do it as a service rendered to Me.
2 Maccabees 6:27-28
 27 I prefer to bravely sacrifice my life now, as befits my old age. 28 So I shall leave an excellent example to the young, dying voluntarily and valiantly for the sacred and holy laws.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS 
 Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19, Luke 11:39-32

Jonah 3:1-10

MY BELOVED LORD DIED THAT I MAY LIVE
My Beloved, Jonah heard the word of God and in obedience he put the word into action. His mission was not easy but he did it effectively and the entire city was saved. One man on a mission from God and confident that he is not alone knows that God will provide all the grace necessary to accomplish the work and that the work will be fruitful.

Both are blessed the one sent and the one to whom he is sent. In whatever position You place me,y Beloved as the one sent or the one to whom You send may I be receptive and obedient to Your Word always.

Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19

Grant O Lord that I may have true contrition for all my sins and offenses against You and my neighbour.  May my little fasts, feeble prayers and small acts of charity find favor in Your sight as I turn my gaze to You on the Cross and beg You to have pity and forgive me.

Luke 11:39-32

"Here there is greater than Solomon. Here there is greater than Jonah." My Beloved the greatest sign of all is the Sign of the Cross and on that Sign is the Word of God made flesh who was crucified for me, died for me and rose again glorious from the death.  

Who am I my Lord that You have done such a marvellous things for me? I will be forever indebted to You for it is a debt I can never repay. I need grace even to please You I can accomplish nothing on my own. Pour Your Holy Spirit on me Lord and with His help and His guidance may all I do today be acceptable in Your sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment