Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19, Matthew 6:6:7-15Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19, Matthew 6:6:7-15










6TH DAY IN LENT
Quiet your mind, still your thoughts and let me reveal to you the depths of my Father's love for you. Let me tell you how glad and willing I was to demonstrate that love by submitting to His will and redeeming you. When My work was accomplished, I sent my Own Holy Spirit, the most sublime of all Gifts to help you to be holy and perfect. He binds you to the Father and to Me in order that You may taste the goodness of God's love always.

2 Maccabees 6:13
God is showing his kindness when he does not let sinners continue on their way for a long time, but punishes them at once.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19, Matthew 6:6:7-15


HIS EYE IS ON ME HIS TINY, LITTLE SPARROW
Isaiah 55:10-11

Eternal Word of God, Beloved Son of the Father - God's only all-powerful Word that issued forth from the heart of the Most High and at  His utterance all that is created came to be. The Word which is the Seed containing in it the fullness of Life, Grace, Beauty and Truth. The Word that accomplished the will of God perfectly in humility and obedience and then returned to His Father's bosom; is the same Word that I receive every morning in the Holy Eucharist. He continues to accomplish God's will and purpose for my life through His most Holy Spirit who is my Helper.

God in Christ Jesus accomplishes and perfects all things and this Christ comes to me each morning in the most sublime humility. He comes to me in unabashed love for me. 

Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19
 Oh, let us magnify the Lord,
together let us glorify his name!
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
from all my fears he delivered me.
They who look to him are radiant with joy,
their faces never clouded with shame.
When the poor cry out, the Lord hears
and saves them from distress.

 MAGNIFY THE LORD WITH ME - Psalm 34
These verses express perfectly how readily my God comes me. I am poor, I am needy, I am helpless, I am weak, I am a bruised reed, a flickering wick and I glory in all the ways in which I gladly boast of the fact that I am completely and utterly unable to stand on my own.  I need You to pick me up, steady me, carry me in Your arms, put me across Your shoulders - ALL THE TIME.  You are well aware that if You let go I would not be able to take one step on my own.  Because You love me You will carry me.

You help me my Beloved to be better that I would be left on my own. I reflect Your Life, Your Light Your grace. If occassionally I radiate sparks of light it is only because that Light is within me, surrounds me, imbues me.  You have heard every sigh I have ever sighed and when I howled in grief You rushed to my side and consoled me.  You permitted me to experience Your most awesome and loving Presence in order to help me bear my loss with greater fortitude. Thank You for being my ever present help always.

Matthew 6:6:7-15

"Your Father knows what you need, even before you ask Him."
He does my Beloved that is why He gave us such a Brother, Such a Friend, such a Redeemer and Savior as You my Lord.

My God and my Beloved, no one can out do You in generosity. It delights You to share with us completely all that is Yours whether it be Your Life, Your Love, Your Mama, Your Abba, Your Holy Spirit, Yourself.  All that is Your is ours as well so I have no need to experience even one moment of stress, anxiety, fear or worry. God who looks after the sparrow and the lilies of the field has His watchful eye on my all the time.  In turn may I live to do all that He wills me to do which is not hard. You my Lord make grace available to me through the most awesome Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Holy Eucharist.

You take me by the hand and You lead me. I fear nothing as long as You are with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment