Monday, February 18, 2013

Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-10, 15, Matthew 25:31-46




5th Day in Lent
Remember you belong to Me.  Do not let anything trouble you.


Exodus 20:20
“Do not be afraid, for God has come to test you, so that the fear of God may be with you, and that you may not sin again."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-10, 15, Matthew 25:31-46


Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18


Be holy for Your God is holy.  Nothing less than holiness is expected of God's children.  Strive constantly to be holy. Be especially careful to ensure you do nothing that will make the weak stumble and fall rather uphold them and strengthen them by your care and your prayers.

I see your heart and all that is in it so keep it free from jealousy, anger, malice and all kinds of bitterness. Let love for Me and for your neighbour be your guide.

Psalm 19:8-10, 15

You law of love O Lord is perfect, if I follow Your law I will not fail You.  Teach me to love as You love without counting the cost.  Love for You will keep me from falling into grave sin and will prevent from wounding my neighbour in any way.  Keep me close to Your Eternal Word and let Your Word shed light and grace to light up my way as I walk with with Your Son who is my Lord, each day.

 Matthew 25:31-46

 I am your sheep Lord - weak, small, silly all this is true of me and so You have placed me on Your shoulder, You have picked me up over and over again and help me.  You have helped me at different stages in my life.  You held my hand and helped me when I was afraid.  You have carried my burdens with me when I found them too heavy to carry alone.  You have wiped my tears and You have placed Your loving arms about me during the times when my heart was broken and my spirit failed me.  With Your help, You will place me on Your right with the rest of Your sheep and You will remember every little act that was pleasing in Your sight which was possible only because You were with me and Your Holy Spirit prompted me.  You will assure me that it was You I have loved all the times when I loved my neighbour and You will show me the place You have reserved for me in heaven.  There I will sing Your praises eternally.  Thank You for my past, my present and the future that I have with You  when I will behold Your Beauty and be consumed by it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment