Thursday, February 21, 2013

Esther 4:2, 4-5, 12-14, Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8, Matthew 7:7-12









8th Day in Lent
Remember that I have redeemed you and now you belong to Me.

Jonah 4:2c
You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and full of love, and you relent from imposing terrible punishment. 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Esther 4:2, 4-5, 12-14, Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8, Matthew 7:7-12 


Esther 4:2, 4-5, 12-14

My Beloved, I have no one by You Lord to help me fight against the snares that are constantly before me. I need Your help, Your grace and Your strength. I cry out to You in my distress. Make haste to help me. Make haste to help Your Church and make haste to help Your people, the sheep of Your flock. Save us Lord lest we perish forever and our enemies will laugh in triumph.

Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8

Yes, my Beloved all my experience of You has taught me that You are my ever present help in time of trouble. You will never leave me or forsake me. I have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb and now I am Yours alone. You have saved me and You will take me by the hand and lead me home.

Matthew 7:7-12 

My Beloved, the alarm did not go this morning and I had no time for personal prayer at the usual hour. I got ready instead to go Church and spend my usual half hour or so before You in the Blessed Sacrament before Holy Mass on my knees before You. I prayed that You send Your Holy Spirit upon me and I prayed the same prayer through the time I was before You.

Thank You for assuring me in the Gospel of today that I have received all that I have asked because Your Father and ours loves to give good things to His children who ask Him.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment