Friday, February 8, 2013

Hebrews 13:1-8, Psalm 27:1, 3, 5, 8b-9abc, Mark 6:14-29

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Hebrews 13:1-8, Psalm 27:1, 3, 5, 8b-9abc, Mark 6:14-29


Hebrews 13:1-8

FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS
The Church exhorts us to perform corporal and spiritual works of mercy,  she has also given us sound moral teachings as revealed by God through Holy Scripture.  She speaks only that which You desire her to say and so we must pay attention and be guided by her wisdom in every area of our life.  Whatever our vocation in life may be we have to keep our gaze fixed on Jesus and our ears attuned to the Church in order that we may listen to her.  Our knowledge of what the Church teaches and preaches will will help us to have the mind of Christ.  We have God for our Father,Jesus for our Brother, Spouse and Friend and we have the Helper, God's Holy Spirit who is closer to us than we are to ourselves and who provides all we need to please God.

Psalm 27:1, 3, 5, 8b-9abc

The Lord is my light and my salvation
– whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the rampart of my life;
I will not be afraid.
Though an army encamp against me,
my heart will not fail;
though war break out against me,
 I will still be confident.
For he will keep me safe in his shelter
in times of misfortune;
he will hide me beneath his roof,
and set me high upon a rock.
8b  “I seek your face, O Lord.”
Do not hide your face from me
nor turn away your servant in anger.
You are my protector, do not reject me
abandon me not.

Mark 6:14-29

My Beloved there are many in this world who have heard of You each comes up with their own human reasoning and understanding of You based on what they may have read or heard.  Much of it is quite contrary to the Truth.  People put You in a box, label You and restrict You from being who You are - GOD.

Most consider You as one among many legitimate ways of loving, knowing and serving God.  Others like Herodias  dislike the Church because they resent her for speaking unequivocally on matters of moral conscience.  The moral compass of the world is askew so the world continues to ask for the head of those who speak the truth on a platter foolishly believing that they can kill it only to find to their dismay that the shedding of the blood of martyrs raises up 10 and more powerful witnesses to replace the life they snuffed out. 

The world is full of Herods, Herodias' and Salomes today.  Often they are found in places that decide and influence world affairs and they have nothing to offer but death.  There are also those in power who know the truth and can raise them up in condemnation just as Herod who was displeased could have but they are too afraid to take a stand. Their desire to be seen as politically correct and so refuse to rock the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment