Saturday, February 16, 2013

Isaiah 58:9b-14, Psalm 86:1-6, Luke 5:27-32







4TH DAY IN LENT
Be still and know that I am God.  No matter how deep, dark and disturbed the waters, my right hand upholds You. You are safe.

1Kings 8:30

Listen to the supplication of your servant and your people Israel; when they pray listen from your dwelling place in heaven and, on listening, forgive. 
_____________________________________________________________________

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
Isaiah 58:9b-14, Psalm 86:1-6, Luke 5:27-32
http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm

Isaiah 58:9b-14

COME TAKE MY HAND - I AM HERE
I  have Your loving assurance today my God, my Beloved, that when I call You will answer and when I cry our loving voice will speak in reassurance, "I am here." But in turn I too am called to be a true disciple, one after Your own heart, mind and spirit.  There is a code of conduct required of me through my union with You.  I do not place the weight of the severity of my narrow judgement on the shoulder of my neighbor.  I have to open my clenched fist and give generously, I must hold back the hasty, cruel word that would tear down rather than build up.  I am called to share Your bountiful generosity granted so graciously to me with others less fortunate than I so both will be filled and satisfied.  I have Your pledge that if I do these things that please You, I will receive Your light and I will reflect it in turn.  You will walk beside me and guide every step.  You will strengthen my weary spirit with Your Body, Your Blood will cause me to be fruitful and the living water will flow from You to me and from me to the world.  You will bless my family and my descendants.  You will grant me and my household an inheritance that will never perish.  This is Your promise to those who walk in the Light of Your Truth.

Psalm 86:1-6

I come to you troubled and afflicted not on my own account Lord but to bring before You the ones I love.  Hear and answer my prayers for them.  We are all needy Lord, we need the grace and help that comes from You.  Be merciful Lord and grant us Your saving help.  Restore joy to our soul and peace to our weary spirit.  Forgive us our sins and bless us who plead with You night and day.  Make haste Beloved and come to our aid.

Luke 5:27-32

My Beloved, You constantly and actively seek out sinners and call them to repentance, conversion and discipleship. Very often sinners are left to wallow in their sins giving them the impression that they are beyond salvation and God's mercy.  This is not Your way and it ought not be ours as well.  Everyone is a sinner and everyone is a potential saint.  You are a God of many several and yet we fail to give even a second chance to those who need our understanding and compassion in order to rise in hope and faith because we have offered them Your mercy and revealed Your Face to them.There is no place for the self-righteous in heaven only for the righteous who have been saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment