Sunday, January 13, 2013

Isaiah 40:1-5, 9011, Titus 2:11-14 & 3:4-7, Psalm 104:1b-4, 20-30, Luke 3:15-16, 21-22


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 40:1-5, 9011, Titus 2:11-14 & 3:4-7, Psalm 104:1b-4, 20-30, Luke 3:15-16, 21-22


Isaiah 40:1-5, 9011

My Beloved, long before You pierced time and space and entered the world that was created by God through You, His Eternal Word, in the power of the Holy Spirit, the prophet Isaiah was inspired to speak of You and all that God would accomplish when You clothed Yourself in flesh to become one like us in order to save us. 

Be comforted, be strengthened here comes Your God who will take upon Himself my burden of guilt and pay the price for my sins in order to release me from its slavery.

John the Baptist prepared the way and announced Your coming so people could be ready and waiting.  You came to raise us up to the Father in hope, to help us overcome our weaknesses that cause us to stumble.  You revealed God’s love for us and showed us how we could love  Him in return.

Like a Shepherd You care for us.  You lead us, guide us, feed us and when we are sick, tired and have no strength of our own, You carry tenderly close to Your heart.  Thank You my Lord and my God.

Titus 2:11-14 & 3:4-7

Thank You my Lord for showing us the way back to the Father.  We are a hard headed hard hearted people and the Father wanted to ensure that we understood the length, depth and breadth of His love for us, so He sent You into the world to be the means by which He would draw us all back to Himself.

Thank You for identifying with us so completely.  Thank You for the waters of Baptism through which we die to sin and rise again to new life in You.  Knowing that we need grace to sustain us, thank You for giving us Your own Holy Spirit to live in us so it is now possible to have the Paraclete, Counselor and Guide who  constantly reveals to us how to please You while strengthening us and pouring upon us the grace through the frequent reception of the Sacraments.
 
Psalm 104:1b-4, 20-30

My Lord and my God thank You for becoming like us.  Most awesome and loving God, You whom the heavens cannot contain and for whom the earth is a mere footstool, left Your glory behind to reveal the love of the Father to us His sinful creatures.  Desiring us to be His children, born of fire and the Holy Spirit, He sent You to pay the price of our iniquity in order that You could make us co-heirs with Yourself to the Kingdom.  Thank You Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

 
Luke 3:15-16, 21-22

My Beloved, grant me that sweetest and most pleasing of all gifts, the gift of true humility.  It is only when I realize that I am nothing but a poor creature raised to the heights by the merits You gained for me and that I am dependant on You for every breath I breathe, only then will I be able to love, praise and worship You and give You thanks for all You have done for me.

Thank You for the Sacrament of Baptism through which I became a member of the family of God.  Thank You Father for revealing to us the depths of Your love by sending Your Beloved Son into the world to redeem us.

No comments:

Post a Comment