Monday, January 7, 2013

1 John 3:22---4:6, Psalm 2:7bc-8, 10-12, Matthew 4:12-17, 23-25

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

1 John 3:22---4:6, Psalm 2:7bc-8, 10-12, Matthew 4:12-17, 23-25



1 John 3:22---4:6

My Beloved, here is a bold and sweeping statement and it is backed by Truth.  If I obey and keep Your commands, I will receive whatever I ask for and when I ask, I will ask in accordance with Your will.  When I keep Your commands, I do so because I love You and because I know You are God and I strive to please You in all things.  It pleases You then to grant me my heart's desires and to answer my prayers in Your way and in Your time.  I believe, I hope, I love and I place all my trust in You - this You know is true, You in turn have kept me one with Yourself and with the Father and the Holy Spirit.  I remain rooted in You, planted in You and grounded in You.  Grant me the wisdom of a child that cannot deceive or be deceived.  May I trust Your Church alone to reveal the treasures of Your Holy Word to me, trusting no other.  You have guaranteed that the Church You founded will at no time teach or preach error and I know Your Word and Your solemn promise is true.

I belong to You keep me in Your love and in Your truth.  Give me the courage and confidence that comes from walking beside the Truth and in the Truth.  Those who obey the Church have the Spirit of Truth residing in them. I obey the Church too and so the Spirit of Truth dwells in me.

Psalm 2:7bc-8, 10-12

My Beloved, once again You repeat Your assurance and promise that You will give those who honor You will receive the nations for their inheritance.  May all nations and all people come to the knowledge of Truth and fall prostrate before You and worship You as the Lord to the glory of the Father and the Holy Spirit.  Teach me wisdom so I may be pleasing to You always.  May m y service lead me to see You in everyone I serve for love of You and may You be my only refuge, the only place where I take shelter and make my home.

 Matthew 4:12-17, 23-25

My Beloved, the first step a disciple takes is to turn away from the world and turn to You, in doing so we turn away from darkness and we walk in the Light of Your Truth.  We must change old, sinful habits and walk in the newness of life that You offer to those who desire to be children of God.  No one who comes to You goes aways empty.  Wherever I go I must preach and teach of You by my witness and example.  Lives must be transformed because Your life in me has touched those around me.  People must begin to know You when they know me.  Help me Lord to image and reflect You in my thoughts, words and deeds.  Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son, Spirit of Life, truth and Love come to my aid and help me.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment