Sunday, December 16, 2012

Zephaniah 3:14-18a, Philippians 4:4-7, Isaiah 12:2-6, Luke 3:10-18

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Zephaniah 3:14-18a, Philippians 4:4-7, Isaiah 12:2-6, Luke 3:10-18


Zephaniah 3:14-18a

I love the imagery in these verses my Beloved, especially when I look at my present situation on this first day when much in my life has changed.  I dance, shout, clap, sing and rejoice with my God for He rejoices in me.  You my Beloved will never fail me and I have nothing to fear for my God is with me.  You are after all Emmanuel.

Philippians 4:4-7

Thank You my Beloved.  I know that all the readings for this Sunday's Liturgy are in preparation for the great feast of Christmas and yet in them are most personal and comforting messages for me in my present situation.  I've been singing and dancing since yesterday and only You can give me the faith and confidence that I have.  I am Your little nothing and Your eye is on me.  I am happy for You are near.  Your love surrounds me and no harm will come to me.

Isaiah 12:2-6

I will sing, dance and exult in joy for God my God has rescued me.  He came to seek me, He found me He assured me that I am His.  He will never forsake me.  I draw my strength from Him. He is my shield and my fortress and I will never be afraid. He will quench my thirst and refresh me.  He will give me quiet and peaceful rest in His Shadow.  I will tell everyone of what my God has done for me - in this way will I exalt Him.

Luke 3:10-18


The Gospel values must become my own. This must be my manifesto for living my life as a citizen of the Kingdom of God. We ought not to be possessed by things we own, rather we must know that they are commodities we use to further the Kingdom of God.

My Beloved, we have received the baptism, that St. John the Baptist spoke about. We are baptized with the Holy Spirit and with the fire that purifies and sanctifies.

As passionately as You love me my Lord, You are God and all honor worship adoration and reverence must be given to You. You invite me, You draw me, You save me, You purify me, You desire that I occupy the place You have prepared for me. I presume nothing. I want only that which You will and wish for me. Only let me hide in You my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment